• The KillerFrogs

Ohio State broke our program

geefrogs

We havent been the same since that game.

We are 18-18 since the "program defining" game.

Absolutely destroyed the illusion that we belonged on that level.

And here we are.

Also a good lesson in never building a statue for a current active coach, makes it more awkward to cut ties. (except Saban. PLEASE dont compare CGP to him.)

Frog-in-law1995

And here we are.

Also a good lesson in never building a statue for a current active coach, makes it more awkward to cut ties. (except Saban. PLEASE dont compare CGP to him.)

We are 18-17 since that game, and that’s the closest you got to being correct there.

Moose Stuff

And here we are.

Pretty much everyone who watched that game across the country came away thinking that it proved we belonged on that level (clearly the rest of that season did not). Not a good observation. At all.

geefrogs

Pretty much everyone who watched that game across the country came away thinking that it proved we belonged on that level (clearly the rest of that season did not). Not a good observation. At all.

we would go on to lose 5 of our next 7 games that year.

Truly, a powerhouse program as you seem to have observed.

How do you cherrypick 3 good quarters versus 3+ years of mediocrity?

Moose Stuff

we would go on to lose 5 of our next 7 games that year.

Truly, a powerhouse program as you seem to have observed.

How do you cherrypick 3 good quarters versus 3+ years of mediocrity?
Hey asshat, read my response again. I clearly wrote that the rest of the season DID NOT support the idea that we belonged (nor have the years since). But that game DID. We outplayed them for much of the game and without a couple brutal plays by Shawn Robinson we probably beat them. Your observation/post sucked. Deal with it.

geefrogs

Hey asshat, read my response again. I clearly wrote that the rest of the season DID NOT support the idea that we belonged (nor have the years since). But that game DID. We outplayed them for much of the game and without a couple brutal plays by Shawn Robinson we probably beat them. Your observation/post sucked. Deal with it.

Im not sure what your point is. Our program was on fire leading up to that season, that game was circled on the calendar for a couple years. Everyone was horny for it. We lost the game, we completely crumbled afterwards, and now we are just another 7-win school trying to play in the Cheez-it Bowl. I describe that as not handling the big game loss very well.

PurpleBlood87

If the refs had reversed the fumble in the end zone from a touchdown to a safety things could have been different.
And if Turpin had executed the kickoff return lateral. Wow what a play design.
Frogs made plays that day but also some silly mistakes like Robinson trying to execute the middle screen instead of just throwing the ball into the ground or taking the loss.

Last edited:

Eight

Im not sure what your point is. Our program was on fire leading up to that season, that game was circled on the calendar for a couple years. Everyone was horny for it. We lost the game, we completely crumbled afterwards, and now we are just another 7-win school trying to play in the Cheez-it Bowl. I describe that as not handling the big game loss very well.

on fire? there were a few signs of smoke in the two years prior on the defensive side of the ball that got exposed when the offense struggled at times in the hunh mindset

do think that among the mistakes (turnovers, blocked punt) and missed opportunities (the penalty of the kick return) the defense gave up over 500 yards in that game which was a continuation of the issues seen in 2016 and 2017.

also agree that things seemed to go off the rails in 2018 on the interception in austin, reagor is open for a walk in score that would give the frogs a 2 score lead and robinson makes a throw that looks like he was shaving points it was so bad.

cheese83

I think what killed us was Riley schooling Gary twice in 2017. The first time we were away in Norman and I had so much confidence that there was no way this young coach would come in and get Gary like that twice in the same season. Then he boat raced us in the Big 12 championship and things have never been the same since.

Fiscuits

Agree but I don't think OSU game did it....again, we were just not that good.
We finish season 7-6...4-5 in conference....and "hung with Ohio State for one half".....is this the best we can hope for?