• The KillerFrogs

Ohio St game thoughts on rewatch

FrogCop19

giphy.gif
It's actually really frickin' funny. For example, he calls their receiver that dropped all the passes "Sir Mack of the Buttr'd Hands". It was very complimentary of us, as well, if you're able to translate that whole "Beowulf" vibe he had going.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
It's actually really frickin' funny. For example, he calls their receiver that dropped all the passes "Sir Mack of the Buttr'd Hands". It was very complimentary of us, as well, if you're able to translate that whole "Beowulf" vibe he had going.
That was harder to decipher than a KJV Bible. That guy must have majored in 9th century English.

Sebastian S

This post reminds me that we were winning 21-13 at one point and I thought we just needed one more TD to blow it open. Now I’m sad.
Take out the pick 6 and the punting error, we could have hit 1 or 2 field goals and possibly win that game.

Oh well, the story of what ifs. What if Aaron Green wasn't at the right place behind Doctson, we would have lost to Tech.

The numerous what if's vs Baylor 2014.

Thats football.

4th. down

At the end OSU imposed their will on our defense we were tired and couldn’t stop them. We barely played base defense had to run blitz all night. When their guards blocked our linebackers we had no chance.

Our offense had some big runs, but did not consistently run on OSU. I think first team against their first team we were pretty even. Their subs outplayed ours by a lot.

Reality hits. I thought about the same regarding our 1st. offensive & defensive units against the Buckeyes. Time wore on and it was a downhill slope and you know on the sideline, the rest of the players seeing those mistakes took energy from them.

It would be cool to have an off balance sheet visit and a beer with Jason Phillips on his perspective on our lB play.

FrogLifeYo

The quicker we can get Ty back to being a Full time LB the better. Wallow is green but will be a monster in a few more weeks and Evans frustrated the hell out of me. He has a ton of potential but seems to go brain dead a few times a game.

In the 2nd half the Buckeyes slipped the RB into the flat on just about every passing play. Only about half the time did Evans actually cover it.

GetToTheQB

I think that this is pretty good analysis on the second rewatch of the game. Some things that stood out to me:

The presence of our young guys coming into the spotlight... most notably you have Shawn, who seemingly cannot seem to find himself a stage too bright to shine in. I cannot say enough about how impressed I am with him. His ability to throw the deep ball is absolutely incredible. Watching him throw down field compared to Kenny last year is night and day (Besides the pass to Reagor in the Alamo bowl and the pass to reagor against KU last year on the roll out). Just cant say enough about shawn. There was a play in particular early on that had me awake last night. The pocket collapsed, and he shot off like a rocket for a first down. As he ran past this group of 5 star kids he smoked in high school, i thought to myself man we are blessed. Having this kid for the next 2.75 years will be unbelievable. I think with time he will learn to use his legs more... but this is on the coaching staff as well.

Noah Daniels was another star from Saturday. If you rewatch the film you can see that Haskins was going right at 24 all 1Q long. I watched yesterday but if i remember correctly he got targeted 4 times on the first drive. He actually got pulled after an incompletion... i guess gary didnt like the way he played the comeback route. If Mack from OSU had any hands, Lewis would have given up about 120 yards and a TD in the first half ALONE. Noah came in and dominated. Excited for his progression... if we remember he ran a sub 4.4 in high school. Kid can fly, and he is 6 feet tall. These are the dividends we see coming to fruition from our recent recruiting classes.

Wallow- unbelievable game

Innis- a star was born. go watch what he did on the first drive if you havent already.

I thought 26 looked solid. Next year, he will slide right in and be a great safety for us. again with the height, vern is around 6'2.

Disappointments:
Jet not getting the ball all game long. We did the same thing last year in Stillwater. He ran the pill 26 times for 160 yards. Can anyone guess how many carries he got the week after? 9 times. Granted Hicks was coming back... but i was hoping with the turn of the new year we would be more consistent with our RB gives. Just frustrating to see this kid succeed like this and not get the attention he deserves because of the inconsistent number of carries he gets on a regular basis.

Pass rush has been an ongoing disappointment for me- getting better though. Ross was a horrible, horrible loss. We missed him pushing pockets on Saturday.

Can we eliminate the shovel pass and short side option? we have enough speed to run around the entire defense, these things are easy and predictable nowadays. That was such a horrible play call when Shawn threw the ball into Dre'Mont Jones' hands. We had ran it twice already. Sigh

Find summers a spot or put him on the bench. this back and forth rico evans, summers substitutions have to stop. It is hurting us.

4th. down

I think that this is pretty good analysis on the second rewatch of the game. Some things that stood out to me:

The presence of our young guys coming into the spotlight... most notably you have Shawn, who seemingly cannot seem to find himself a stage too bright to shine in. I cannot say enough about how impressed I am with him. His ability to throw the deep ball is absolutely incredible. Watching him throw down field compared to Kenny last year is night and day (Besides the pass to Reagor in the Alamo bowl and the pass to reagor against KU last year on the roll out). Just cant say enough about shawn. There was a play in particular early on that had me awake last night. The pocket collapsed, and he shot off like a rocket for a first down. As he ran past this group of 5 star kids he smoked in high school, i thought to myself man we are blessed. Having this kid for the next 2.75 years will be unbelievable. I think with time he will learn to use his legs more... but this is on the coaching staff as well.

Noah Daniels was another star from Saturday. If you rewatch the film you can see that Haskins was going right at 24 all 1Q long. I watched yesterday but if i remember correctly he got targeted 4 times on the first drive. He actually got pulled after an incompletion... i guess gary didnt like the way he played the comeback route. If Mack from OSU had any hands, Lewis would have given up about 120 yards and a TD in the first half ALONE. Noah came in and dominated. Excited for his progression... if we remember he ran a sub 4.4 in high school. Kid can fly, and he is 6 feet tall. These are the dividends we see coming to fruition from our recent recruiting classes.

Innis- a star was born. go watch what he did on the first drive if you havent already.

I thought 26 looked solid. Next year, he will slide right in and be a great safety for us. again with the height, vern is around 6'2.

Disappointments:
Jet not getting the ball all game long. We did the same thing last year in Stillwater. He ran the pill 26 times for 160 yards. Can anyone guess how many carries he got the week after? 9 times. Granted Hicks was coming back... but i was hoping with the turn of the new year we would be more consistent with our RB gives. Just frustrating to see this kid succeed like this and not get the attention he deserves because of the inconsistent number of carries he gets on a regular basis.

Pass rush has been an ongoing disappointment for me- getting better though. Ross was a horrible, horrible loss. We missed him pushing pockets on Saturday.

Can we eliminate the shovel pass and short side option? we have enough speed to run around the entire defense, these things are easy and predictable nowadays. That was such a horrible play call when Shawn threw the ball into Dre'Mont Jones' hands. We had ran it twice already. Sigh

Find summers a spot or put him on the bench. this back and forth rico evans, summers substitutions have to stop. It is hurting us.

"Find summers a spot or put him on the bench. this back and forth rico evans, summers substitutions have to stop. It is hurting us." We all see it but why doesn't Glasgow see it? I liked Jason Phillips on our LB group.

Bob Sugar

Disappointments:

tenor.gif

Eight

"Find summers a spot or put him on the bench. this back and forth rico evans, summers substitutions have to stop. It is hurting us." We all see it but why doesn't Glasgow see it? I liked Jason Phillips on our LB group.

the answer is pretty damn simple.

until the issues at defensive end are resolved he is needed there. whatever happened with collier to prevent him from playing those first two games has hurt not only the defensive line, but also linebacker.

even if lj is ready to roll like nothing happened on saturday that leaves the frogs with 3 de's. bowen, mathis, collins or someone needs to step up as the 4th de.

i mentioned elsewhere and say it again, but the transfer of isaiah chambers really is hurting right now

netty2424

the answer is pretty damn simple.

until the issues at defensive end are resolved he is needed there. whatever happened with collier to prevent him from playing those first two games has hurt not only the defensive line, but also linebacker.

even if lj is ready to roll like nothing happened on saturday that leaves the frogs with 3 de's. bowen, mathis, collins or someone needs to step up as the 4th de.

i mentioned elsewhere and say it again, but the transfer of isaiah chambers really is hurting right now
Did Bowen play? Just realized I don't remember seeing him?

Epley had a great play late in the game. Penetrated on a sweep I believe and disrupted the play. Almost a tackle for a loss, RB got loose, Epley popped up and tackled him from behind for basically no gain. Great play, looked quick and athletic. Best play I've seen of him. More of that, please!

jake102

Have to admit I’m a little confused on why SRobinson is such a better deep ball passer at this point than KHill.

I think we all know he has potential, but not sure results have been there

Eight

Did Bowen play? Just realized I don't remember seeing him?

Epley had a great play late in the game. Penetrated on a sweep I believe and disrupted the play. Almost a tackle for a loss, RB got loose, Epley popped up and tackled him from behind for basically no gain. Great play, looked quick and athletic. Best play I've seen of him. More of that, please!

bowen played, but he didn't register any stats. same with cooper.

unfortunately when you have young players you sometimes get inconsistency.