• The KillerFrogs

Oh UT fans, how stoopid!

JugbandFrog

Burning some anxiety at the gym as access to a pan galactic gargle blaster was not within reach, and I was wearing my Crush Baylor shirt. While I was sitting on the ab machine, this UT guy comes by, and I am talking UT. Orange hoodie and shorts, sees me and says "You really have to sell shirts for Baylor?" To which I replied, well, at least we beat Baylor last year! haha. Oh man, you should have seen the look on his face. I could have gone on and on with the insults. My favorite would have been: "where are you gonna watch the Rice game? Oh wait, you can't unless you drive to Austin."

Go Frogs!

PurplePainD

Glad to see you are following through with some time at the gym in preparation for the flood of super models that will be soon be knocking on your door.

Do it now!

TCUMed

I always go with the "so what year did you graduation from UT" statement. That's usually a good silencer.

Always good. I remember the New Mexico game in 2009 as we were finishing the undefeated season when 3 guys (2 grown men and a 15 yr old) pasted in burnt orange were in the student section and heckling ensued. UT guy was talking crap about attendance and some TCU student asked when said UT guy graduated from UT. The puzzled and embarrassed look on his face was priceless. The 2 older guys just kind of looked at each other and were at a complete loss for words and the 15 year old was just looking at his dad for some sort of inspiration knowing his dad just got owned. They ended up facing the field the entire time and never responded to any other heckling the rest of the game (and they sure were getting it)

JugbandFrog

Personally, I don't like the year of graduation argument. It is kinda dumb. A fan is a fan. I mean it is funny to make fun of UT's fans because they seem to sell more stuff at Wal Mart than even Cowboys gear. I don't like it because it is a little demeaning, plus as fans from a school with a small alumni base, we need t-shirt fans. We need people to like the Frogs in order to have the tv power, attendance, licensing power, etc... I was just perusing Eastbay and they had a TCU shirt on a page. The people buying this gear are from all over and not all are TCU alums.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Always good. I remember the New Mexico game in 2009 as we were finishing the undefeated season when 3 guys (2 grown men and a 15 yr old) pasted in burnt orange were in the student section and heckling ensued. UT guy was talking crap about attendance and some TCU student asked when said UT guy graduated from UT. The puzzled and embarrassed look on his face was priceless. The 2 older guys just kind of looked at each other and were at a complete loss for words and the 15 year old was just looking at his dad for some sort of inspiration knowing his dad just got owned. They ended up facing the field the entire time and never responded to any other heckling the rest of the game (and they sure were getting it)

Those folks represented not just UT types, but actual, paying customers who came to see the Frogs. Three tickets were sold to folks who were curious to see what the hubbub was all about.

Who knows, they might have bought some TCU gear to replace their UT garbage. Bought season tix the next season perhaps.

But, after a good, thorough heckling, TCU will never see those dollars again.

Remember, you must use your powers for good!

angelo's frog

Those folks represented not just UT types, but actual, paying customers who came to see the Frogs. Three tickets were sold to folks who were curious to see what the hubbub was all about.

Who knows, they might have bought some TCU gear to replace their UT garbage. Bought season tix the next season perhaps.

+1

We need as many Wal-Mart t-shirt fans as we can get because evidently all that matters now is tv ratings.

Horned Toad

+2