• The KillerFrogs

NW corner of ACS

Salfrog

Tier 1
I thought the eastside was also to be finished by 2012? Going by the construction timeline drawings, the eastside remodel isn't included.

OmniscienceFrog

I thought the eastside was also to be finished by 2012? Going by the construction timeline drawings, the eastside remodel isn't included.

They haven't made the decision to go ahead with the east side renovation yet, so as of this time that is what it will look like in 2012. My gut feeling is that they will have the east side re-done by the start of the 2012 season, but it's not in the "for sure" category yet.

PurpleBlood87

They haven't made the decision to go ahead with the east side renovation yet, so as of this time that is what it will look like in 2012. My gut feeling is that they will have the east side re-done by the start of the 2012 season, but it's not in the "for sure" category yet.
They still need 15 million to finish the east side.

Army Frog Fan

Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere but, what are all of the pillars north of the stadium going to be used for exactly? I guess for the structure of the 2nd deck and scoreboard, but I thought they were focusing on the west side lower bowl for now.

Webcam

Extra support in case the Wisconsin O-line comes to town?

Deep Purple

Update:

With roughly $120 in hand, TCU had the money to complete the East side, but TCU staff have been told there's been a project expansion. They're going to build a new all-sports weight training complex between DMC and the Schollmaier and Baugh practice facilities. The old Walsh weight training complex will be remodeled as part of the home locker room/equipment facility expansion.

This redirecting of funds (with the permission of the donors) leaves TCU about $10-$15 million short of cash for renovating the East side. They're fairly confident they'll raise that well before it's needed to complete the East side by 2012. They're just not jumping the gun by making any announcement before it's a fact.

I have no knowledge of any talks to change the stadium design to expand seating capacity. Doesn't mean no talks are going on, just that if they are, I have no knowledge of them.