• The KillerFrogs

Nova on there way to BE?

Stiff Arm Frog

Are we talking about the same UMASS that averaged 13k fans.....on 73% capacity......? The one that holds 17k capacity?

http://web1.ncaa.org...GATTENDANCE.pdf

Hey cds thanks for that link. Now we can look at just how many teams even in the FCS have better attendance than Villanova. Interesting note, UMass DOES in fact get more fans than Villanova. On the other hand, that's not very hard. Villanova averaged 7,500 fans per game last year and, well, this guy said it better than I can:

Here is Villanova’s attendance last year: 52,717.

That’s not an average. That’s their home attendance THE ENTIRE YEAR. That’s an average of 7,531 and that includes TWO playoff games, one of which was a national semifinal that saw 2,661 listed as the official attendance. The weather that day? High of 45 degrees with .4 inches of precipitation and trace amounts of snow. Trace amounts of snow and Villanova might draw fewer people than fit on the average subway train down Broad Street. How is this going to help the Big East NOW?

As for FCS teams that have higher attendance than Villanova. . . well, I won't list all of them, because there are 43 of them. But they include Texas State, William & Mary, Liberty College, Florida A&M, North Dakota State, Stephen F. Austin(!) . . . and the list goes on and on.

For the record, I'd still be okay with the Big East inviting Villanova, mostly for political reasons involving the basketball schools and partly because they've got cool uniforms. But let's be honest. There are more deserving (if not feasible) candidates out there.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Paschal High brings nothing to the table. We already own the local fans, and besides that they don't even have an indoor practice facility. They are just a step below Baylor & Houston! :tongue:

asleep003

Dude, I like you and your contributions to this site, but your posts regarding Big East expansion are becoming increasingly out of touch with reality. The article specifically states the exact opposite of what you just said: that expansion of PPL park will be done on the soccer team's schedule; not Villanova's. And frankly, the fact that Villanova football is getting strong armed around by a soccer team is not something that is likely to impress the Big East leadership.

As for adding UMass:

Can_t%20Tell%20if%20Trolling.jpg

deters... excuse me, I mean mtmedlin will say or do anything/embellish/redirect info to keep UCF out of the BE, like conveincing TCU board members would have any influence on this or any other decisions. It's old and he's been beat up miserably on his own BE Board for the same rhetoric. He has brought some decent insight, but then he goes off into the subtle, how lucky we are to get out of the MWC and into the BE. We know where we've been and where we're going... and know why he's pushing for Nova and anyone else but UCF. Stick with the high road, deters... I mean mtmedlin... and you won't get blasted, here or on the BE board....
Cheers!

mtmedlin

Hey Mistletoad...Love how you ignored any facts and now I call you out on your bull[Craig James]. Name the BE board...go for it. I dont post on the BE boards. I post at USFNation and a few ACC boards. Used to post at Houstons board but their too wound up after never getting an invite. So name the board, or shut up and when you cant everybody here will know your full of it.

Love how you personally attack since I posted QUOTES that prove you were wrong. Avoid the topic at hand.

You are lucky to be in the BE. Its a better conference and you will make more money. No doubt about it. I am not pushing for Nova. I like the loyalty but would rather stay at 9...Ive said so. As far as UCF, yep I am against them, for the same reasons TCU doesnt want HOUSTON but more so because USF is young and needs more time to develop a following...TCU has been playing football for nearly 100 years, so whats your excuse.

Your nothing more then an internet bully and people like you really suck. Feel free to ignore my posts, because yours simply arent worthing reading. You add nothing and your arguments are easily beaten by simple cutting and pasting of source material. Fire a brain cell occasionally and stop being such a damn troll.

Rabble Rouser

Hey Mistletoad...Love how you ignored any facts and now I call you out on your bull[Craig James]. Name the BE board...go for it. I dont post on the BE boards. I post at USFNation and a few ACC boards. Used to post at Houstons board but their too wound up after never getting an invite. So name the board, or shut up and when you cant everybody here will know your full of it.

Love how you personally attack since I posted QUOTES that prove you were wrong. Avoid the topic at hand.

You are lucky to be in the BE. Its a better conference and you will make more money. No doubt about it. I am not pushing for Nova. I like the loyalty but would rather stay at 9...Ive said so. As far as UCF, yep I am against them, for the same reasons TCU doesnt want HOUSTON but more so because USF is young and needs more time to develop a following...TCU has been playing football for nearly 100 years, so whats your excuse.

Your nothing more then an internet bully and people like you really suck. Feel free to ignore my posts, because yours simply arent worthing reading. You add nothing and your arguments are easily beaten by simple cutting and pasting of source material. Fire a brain cell occasionally and stop being such a damn troll.

You're still here? I thought you said you were leaving...

YA

You are lucky to be in the BE.
And we are grateful for that---BUT, what gets me and I'm sure most on this board is that you need to recognize how lucky usf is to be in a BCS conference!! At least acknowledge that luck goes both ways.

You guys had trailers for football offices for pete's sakes when you got lucky. If usf was located in Texas, usf would be no better than north texas. Geography and luck played a major role for usf to join a BCS conference. We earned our way back in after being left out from our history as a big boy. Sure luck had a major role, but so did our history and on the field accomplishments for which usf has none.

deters

deters... excuse me, I mean mtmedlin will say or do anything/embellish/redirect info to keep UCF out of the BE, like conveincing TCU board members would have any influence on this or any other decisions. It's old and he's been beat up miserably on his own BE Board for the same rhetoric. He has brought some decent insight, but then he goes off into the subtle, how lucky we are to get out of the MWC and into the BE. We know where we've been and where we're going... and know why he's pushing for Nova and anyone else but UCF. Stick with the high road, deters... I mean mtmedlin... and you won't get blasted, here or on the BE board....
Cheers!

:laugh: were not the same people. But thanks for the publicity.

hook-line-and-sinker.jpg

cdsfrog

lol lucky coming from a team that hasnt and might never go to a BCS bowl. I love it

TCU earned their bid, wth did South Flordia do to deserve their place in an AQ conference. I will go hibernate for 50 years while you try to come up with a justification.

Oh and you never answered my question. Where you suggesting the Big East might ahd the 17k, 73% capacity attending Umass? Wouldnt you think that would be a little premature?

cdsfrog

Hey cds thanks for that link. Now we can look at just how many teams even in the FCS have better attendance than Villanova. Interesting note, UMass DOES in fact get more fans than Villanova. On the other hand, that's not very hard. Villanova averaged 7,500 fans per game last year and, well, this guy said it better than I can:

As for FCS teams that have higher attendance than Villanova. . . well, I won't list all of them, because there are 43 of them. But they include Texas State, William & Mary, Liberty College, Florida A&M, North Dakota State, Stephen F. Austin(!) . . . and the list goes on and on.

For the record, I'd still be okay with the Big East inviting Villanova, mostly for political reasons involving the basketball schools and partly because they've got cool uniforms. But let's be honest. There are more deserving (if not feasible) candidates out there.

anytime sir. I find statisitical facts get the point across best while have the fewest comments....

asleep003

anytime sir. I find statisitical facts get the point across best while have the fewest comments....

I like to use that too ... however, when the trolls are active, they'll trash it with some absurd Gobbally Goup... but yes, it is usually a good strategy when getting embellishmentsgalore.

Cheers!

cdsfrog

I like to use that too ... however, when the trolls are active, they'll trash it with some absurd Gobbally Goup... but yes, it is usually a good strategy when getting embellishmentsgalore.

Cheers!

indeed sir. I will say I do like to troll it up every know and then. especially towards leofrog :tongue:

asleep003

Name the BE board...go for it. I dont post on the BE boards. I post at USFNation and a few ACC boards.
a)OK ...bigeast.ncaabbs.com to be specific.
b)You got peeled on several ocasions last year... while I was checking out our status on the invites, I don't get involved in Boards that my school is not a part of.....
c)You don't post on BE boards, but on a 'few ACC boards'...?... Now if this makes me a bully, then I'm a bully... because I find you're non sense totally obsurd!!.. that is unless you got banned or shut down so bad by annoyed BE posters(bullys) that you don't/dare not post on bigeast.ncaabbs.com any more.
d)But still you've said previously you've posted on 6 boards... but not Big East ones...?... ummmmtmedlin.....

Used to post at Houstons board but their too wound up after never getting an invite. So name the board, or shut up and when you cant everybody here will know your full of it.
a)OK...again, bigeast.ncaabbs.com - again to be specific
b)But you use to post on Houston's board but
they are "too wound up"
c)You're asking me to "shut up" on my own School's board....while you deminish our league's play, yet don't post on Big East boards.?.

Love how you personally attack since I posted QUOTES that prove you were wrong. Avoid the topic at hand .
Which "QUOTES" ...?...

You are lucky to be in the BE. 'Its a better conference' and you will make more money.
Again you don't keep saying things that are not proven by BCS Bowl% wins and intraconference games... we know about the $s or we are not coming. But I should actally be the one to "shut up".... right? You Sir, are either very very young or one real sick puppy!
Truly hope you get well soon...

Cheers!

mtmedlin

Again, how are you not lucky to be in the BE. I never made any statements as to USF. This is about TCU. Is USF lucky...hell ya. I hate to break it to you but TCU wasnt always amazing. I remember when we first played you...then beat you. I thought to myself, how in the hell does a team thats been playing that long suck enough to lose to us. I think at that point we had been playing football maybe three years.
Simple fact is, there have been times when TCU has been good, and times when you havent. Did you deserve to get into the BE, absolutely but your attitude that somehow TCU is a god and deserves the world gets a little old. Ill give you credit and say that your the third most popular team in Texas (and that might be a bit high)
TCU is a good team and I am happy they are in the BE but my statement that you are lucky to be here comes from the fact that EVERY other AQ conference ignored you for a very long time. Tell me, how many other AQ conferences were calling you? Tell me how much in demand TCU was? I think you take the word Lucky as a slam...its not. Again, this isnt a slam on TCU but more so of a statement of fact. One conferences wanted to expand and fortunately for TCU your leadership put a plan into place years ago that would build up your school to a point where you were obviously the best option. What if the Bhad wanted to expand during one of your more down times...TCU wouldnt have been incited. The Lucky statement is a matter of your administration making the right moves at the right times and the BE having the desire to move forward. It in no way takes away from you deserving to be here.
You try to use bowl wins as an area of comparison but ignore qualification for bowls or level of bowl invites. the MWC plays in crap bowls that pay nearly nothing. Not the BE. We actually have much higher level of competition, so comparing bowl wins is not a good level of judgement. Also, you like to lump in conference that arent yours... again, not a good way of comaprison. the MWC has 3 bcs bowl wins. So does the BE but we QUALIFIED for 7 bowls, the MWC didnt. You like to ignore that fact. Whether you like the system or not, there is a process to qualify to be AQ. These are hard set rules. Its not like they looked at the BE last time round and said, "close enough". We fully qualified. No, were not as good as the SEC or others, but we consistantly rank above the ACC. The MWC CANT make that claim. You didnt qualify because half your conference sucks. You didnt go to 7 BCS bowl games and I know you will throw out that we didnt always win...Neither did someone like Ohio St. The last five years they are 2-3 in BCS games but at least they qualified and went.
As far as the BBS boards...um, you need to go back and read. If you will I might have maybe 20 posts over there and the people who slammed me were UCF fans who didnt like the fact that I pointed out that Houston has as much going for them as UCF. Not exactly shocking that they wouldnt like that response. I post on ACC boards in order to get an insight into their culture and the way they feel about other conferences. By doing so, I have gotten a really well rounded idea of who I think would and would not be open to a future merger. I dont think Superconferences are a matter of if but more of a matter of when.
As far as Houston, ya I dont like posting there. If you post anything honest they get very upset. I pointed out last year that the BE wants schools that are at least Tier 1 rated and at the time they were not. They went off the deep end. Again, I didnt flame them, I just decided to not post because of their level of sensitivity to issues. I actually IM back and forth between 5 or 6 of their members on a consistant basis. Posting on other schools boards is touchy. For the most part I try not to offend but it happens. I just get tired of your attitude and being so damn condescending. I have no problem skipping over your stuff since I couldnt care less about you. You seemed infatuated and look for my posts. You have shown up on everythread that I posted in and shockingly are controversial in all of them and supposedly I am the one who is young or a sick puppy. (btw, I am 35)

mtmedlin

lol lucky coming from a team that hasnt and might never go to a BCS bowl. I love it

TCU earned their bid, wth did South Flordia do to deserve their place in an AQ conference. I will go hibernate for 50 years while you try to come up with a justification.

Oh and you never answered my question. Where you suggesting the Big East might ahd the 17k, 73% capacity attending Umass? Wouldnt you think that would be a little premature?

Ive addresed this many times. The statement had nothing to do with USF. So common people will take a statement then instead of defending it, they attack the opposing persons team. USF was lucky. I have never and will never make any statement to the contrary. As I put in another thread, we had a large market that they wanted, a great administration with a well thought out plan and a coalition with other schools, namely Lville. Did we deserve our invite at the time...yes, because the BE wanted us and that is the only thing that makes it deserving. On a comparison basis to others accomplishments, was it fair...NO. Life in general is hardly ever fair.

As far as UMass...again, many on this board fail to fully read posts. I never said I wanted UMass, just that there is alot of chatter and articles about them. Also Nova. Comcast is based out of Philly and there are inuendo that imply they desire a Philly team. Personally out of the two major Philly teams I think Temple would be in a better situation to become competitive but I would support Nova because they are a BE team. I would think that TCU after getting screwed by their former SWC teams would appreciate loyalty. UMass has additional links. Mr. Kraft not only got them a chance to use the Patriots stadium for free but hes also very close friends with Paul Tagliabue. (worked together in the NFL) You know he is out there pushing for UMass to get into the BE. Again, for the record, I am not a big fan of the idea but I do understand the draw. Football is moving away from right/wrong, loyalty and what should be. there attendance doesnt matter. UMass would probably get the BEN onto the basic cable package throughout Mass. (along with the fact that we would be showing ND basketball, which is very popular in Mass.) Thats the only reason they would be added. Same for Nova. Their basketball alone will probably get us on. Most think that our future expansion (if any occures) will be driven by markets. UMass and Nova have large markets. There may be others who are more deserving, but thats not what football is about anymore. If I had my wish, there would be more small conferences that bring back traditional rivalries but money corrupts.

cdsfrog

wow that was a bit much. TCU is lucky sure, and the Big East is damn lucky too. Better run than any single team in the conference the past decade, back to back BCS bowl games. Lets be real without TCU the Big East faced a very real possbility of losing AQ status. Otherwise they never would have considered TCU with their terrible basketball team in Mens.

USF is a solid team but let's just see how 2012 plays out.

asleep003

I hate to break it to you but TCU wasnt always amazing. I remember when we first played you...then beat you. I thought to myself, how in the hell does a team thats been playing that long suck enough to lose to us. I think at that point we had been playing football maybe three years.
Thanks for "breaking it to" us!

'Simple fact' is, there have been times when TCU has been good, and times when you havent. Did you deserve to get into the BE, absolutely but your attitude that somehow TCU is a god and deserves the world gets a little old. Ill give you credit and say that your the third most popular team in Texas (and that might be a bit high)
How big of you....

TCU is a good team and I am happy they are in the BE but my statement that you are lucky to be here comes from the fact that EVERY other AQ conference ignored you for a very long time. Tell me, how many other AQ conferences were calling you?
None were nearly so desperate as the Big East.....

As far as the BBS boards...um, you need to go back and read. If you will I might have maybe 20 posts over there and the people who slammed me were UCF fans who didnt like the fact that I pointed out that Houston has as much going for them as UCF.
So you did lie, excuse me, so you did embellish,"never posted on BE boards"..?.. and there were plenty of the Loui/WV types on your case too....ummm interesting deters.

As far as Houston, ya I dont like posting there. If you post anything honest they get very upset. [sub]I[/sub] pointed out last year that the BE wants schools that are at least Tier 1 rated and at the time they were not.
Oh, I can see and am sure they just loved that... now it is obvious why you no longer can post there... at least without having your head handed to you....

They went off the deep end. Again, I didnt flame them, I just decided to not post because of their level of sensitivity to issues. I actually IM back and forth between 5 or 6 of their members on a consistant basis.
Oh yes... no doubt you are.... kinda like you and angst?

Posting on other schools boards is touchy. For the most part I try not to offend but it happens.
Thanks for bringing that phenomenon to our attention.

I'm Finally done with you mtmedlin/deters which ever you prefer .... and
God bless you!

Scarface

Ive addresed this many times. The statement had nothing to do with USF. So common people will take a statement then instead of defending it, they attack the opposing persons team. USF was lucky. I have never and will never make any statement to the contrary. As I put in another thread, we had a large market that they wanted, a great administration with a well thought out plan and a coalition with other schools, namely Lville. Did we deserve our invite at the time...yes, because the BE wanted us and that is the only thing that makes it deserving. On a comparison basis to others accomplishments, was it fair...NO. Life in general is hardly ever fair.

As far as UMass...again, many on this board fail to fully read posts. I never said I wanted UMass, just that there is alot of chatter and articles about them. Also Nova. Comcast is based out of Philly and there are inuendo that imply they desire a Philly team. Personally out of the two major Philly teams I think Temple would be in a better situation to become competitive but I would support Nova because they are a BE team. I would think that TCU after getting screwed by their former SWC teams would appreciate loyalty. UMass has additional links. Mr. Kraft not only got them a chance to use the Patriots stadium for free but hes also very close friends with Paul Tagliabue. (worked together in the NFL) You know he is out there pushing for UMass to get into the BE. Again, for the record, I am not a big fan of the idea but I do understand the draw. Football is moving away from right/wrong, loyalty and what should be. there attendance doesnt matter. UMass would probably get the BEN onto the basic cable package throughout Mass. (along with the fact that we would be showing ND basketball, which is very popular in Mass.) Thats the only reason they would be added. Same for Nova. Their basketball alone will probably get us on. Most think that our future expansion (if any occures) will be driven by markets. UMass and Nova have large markets. There may be others who are more deserving, but thats not what football is about anymore. If I had my wish, there would be more small conferences that bring back traditional rivalries but money corrupts.

It is Gary Patterson's position, which would mean the TCU Administration's position, that the Big East stay at nine schools and play an eight game round robin schedule with four at home and four away. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, TCU's recent success came by winning conference championships in a nine team league, the MWC.

You shouldn't be upset if posters on this site react accordingly, negatively or perhaps unrulely to any talk of conference expansion. As far as most Horned Frog fans are concerned, BE expansion is over via LHCGP.

And yes, TCU doesn't have a vote in the BE right now. This is just one more reason the school doesn't want expansion at this time.

Go Frogs!

mtmedlin

wow that was a bit much. TCU is lucky sure, and the Big East is damn lucky too. Better run than any single team in the conference the past decade, back to back BCS bowl games. Lets be real without TCU the Big East faced a very real possbility of losing AQ status. Otherwise they never would have considered TCU with their terrible basketball team in Mens.

USF is a solid team but let's just see how 2012 plays out.

Couldnt agree with you more! The BE would have kept AQ as long as we dont have an epic meltdown this year. Last year we didnt qualify but the previouse two we did. I was amazingly happy that they added TCU because it showed that our administration is for once not limiting itself and we got the most succesful and consistant team available. Even though I appreciate the loyalty to Nova, I think its a limitation that might not serve us well.
As far as basketball...welcome aboard. USF, TCU and Depaul will have alot of fun together seeing as to who will avoid the bottom of the BE. I would recommend lube...the first few years in BE BBall are rather painfull!

cdsfrog

Couldnt agree with you more! The BE would have kept AQ as long as we dont have an epic meltdown this year. Last year we didnt qualify but the previouse two we did. I was amazingly happy that they added TCU because it showed that our administration is for once not limiting itself and we got the most succesful and consistant team available. Even though I appreciate the loyalty to Nova, I think its a limitation that might not serve us well.
As far as basketball...welcome aboard. USF, TCU and Depaul will have alot of fun together seeing as to who will avoid the bottom of the BE. I would recommend lube...the first few years in BE BBall are rather painfull!

2012 will be in basketball...........horrible. Praying to god we win at least a few conference games and all of OOC games which I hope are cupcakes.

As for football, im pysched. Going to at least 1 if not 2 road games.