• The KillerFrogs

Notre Dame or A&M

CountryFrog

I don't think A&M should even be in consideration since they didn't qualify for their CCG. It would be one thing if they had stacked up lots of impressive wins. Certainly beating Florida is a very good win. After that, Auburn is their next best win and then a bunch of bad teams.

It was a historically weak SEC West this year. That division is usually loaded but not so much this season. The SEC as a whole really was just 4 good teams racking up wins against 10 mediocre to bad teams.

CountryFrog

Clemson is truly the only the team with a realistic shot of beating Bama.
This is pretty much where we're at with college football it seems. Outside of that crazy insane loaded LSU team last year it's Alabama and Clemson with everybody else looking like FCS teams comparatively for the most part.

CountryFrog

My eyes tell me that if Bama decided to show up play at at least 75% of capacity both A&M and ND would perform better than OU but that’s pretty much meaningless as none would challenge to win.
Yea if all 3 games were to take place then the "closest" would probably be determined by which of those 3 other teams did best in the 4th quarter against all of Alabama's backups and walk ons.

Planks

My prediction:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Notre Dame

Today’s blowout Clemson-Notre Dame gives the committee a good excuse to drop ND below Ohio State and thus prevent a round 1 rematch of Clemson-ND. Keeping Notre Dame in over A&M also prevents a round 1 rematch of Alabama-A&M.

I feel like the committee has to put Notre Dame in. Better record than OU or A&M, and they have the best win by far.

The “signature” win of aggie is currently getting slaughtered by Bama, just like aggie was slaughtered by Bama back in October.
The SEC this year is Bama and a bunch of scrubs of varying mediocrity. Aggie may be less mediocre than, oh, Vanderbilt (who they beat 17-12), but they’re still mediocre.
At least ND beat Clemson, but I say put in Cincy.
So, Bama, Clemson, Cincy and OSU.

I think tOSU should not be in the top 4.. until today they have only played 1 team with a winning record (know they say they don’t look at the resume’) but they were less than impressive against NW...OU would beat tOSU and they are not being considered at all... My picks

Bama
Clemson
ATM (had a really hard time typing that)
ND

3rd seed to the Ags only loss to Bama and they looked good against TN..Plus with this seeding we wouldn’t see a Clemson/ ND for the third time unless they got by Bama

I think tOSU should not be in the top 4.. until today they have only played 1 team with a winning record (know they say they don’t look at the resume’) but they were less than impressive against NW...OU would beat tOSU and they are not being considered at all... My picks

Bama
Clemson
ATM (had a really hard time typing that)
ND

3rd seed to the Ags only loss to Bama and they looked good against TN..Plus with this seeding we wouldn’t see a Clemson/ ND for the third time unless they got by Bama
Tennessee is 3-7

CountryFrog

It's really hard for me to imagine what the justification would be from the committee to put A&M in over Notre Dame. There's a much stronger case to be made for them getting in over OSU than ND imo.

Oh wait, what am I saying? The committee doesn't need justification for any of the [ Finebaum ] they do.