• The KillerFrogs

Nothing like being stuck in the Miami airport

jack the frog

Some ugly news. Fox Business reporting that some people that were not able to get sufficient gas and never did get farther away than 10 or 20 miles from home and are running low on fuel are making the decision to return home around some areas of extreme danger. Cannot imagine the magnitude of that decision with kids and what not.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Some ugly news. Fox Business reporting that some people that were not able to get sufficient gas and never did get farther away than 10 or 20 miles from home and are running low on fuel are making the decision to return home around some areas of extreme danger. Cannot imagine the magnitude of that decision with kids and what not.

That is 18 layers of jacked up.
Have a plan
Practice your plan
Work your plan

WhatTheFrog

How long ago did you know that there was a hurricane bearing down on that area?

I mean, it sucks to be you right now, but you knew. Right? And you went anyway? Now you're on a sports forum complaining? Maybe this topic should be in general discussion...

Yes, I'm aware that I may be permabanned for this. But...darn. Why the face?

I DO hope you are able to escape the devastation that is to become the Florida area in a safely and timely manner. I wish no ill will on anyone from this website. Yet.

Pharm Frog

And my company cancelled our national meeting scheduled to begin Monday in Hollywood FL and replaced it with....wait for it....the following Monday in Atlanta. Fifty shades of stupid.

f_399

I would hate living in hurricane affected areas.

Doesn't happen too often but do you evacuate and leave every time there is a hurricane in the forecast?

Wasn't there one after Katrina and people from Houston panicked and evacuated.

Turned out to be nothing and a lot of people were stuck on the road.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I would hate living in hurricane affected areas.

Doesn't happen too often but do you evacuate and leave every time there is a hurricane in the forecast?

Wasn't there one after Katrina and people from Houston panicked and evacuated.

Turned out to be nothing and a lot of people were stuck on the road.

As I recall, after the disaster of Hurricane Katrina and the lack of preparation on the local and state level in Louisiana, Texas decided to do an about-face and when Rita came ashore a month later there was a mass evacuation even including reversing flow on major highways. As others have pointed out with Houston being so big it's almost impossible to evacuate a city of that size in a short amount of time which is about all the time Houston had to evacuate once the official order came down. I will now defer to Ron Swanson for a local version of the same report and for Deep on more levels of detail than I could ever possibly imagine.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
As I recall, after the disaster of Hurricane Katrina and the lack of preparation on the local and state level in Louisiana, Texas decided to do an about-face and when Rita came ashore a month later there was a mass evacuation even including reversing flow on major highways. As others have pointed out with Houston being so big it's almost impossible to evacuate a city of that size in a short amount of time which is about all the time Houston had to evacuate once the official order came down. I will now defer to Ron Swanson for a local version of the same report and for Deep on more levels of detail than I could ever possibly imagine.
If remembering correctly that was Rita and it was a category 5 (4th strongest Atlantic storm on record at the time) in the gulf which led in part to,the evacuation order. It weakened quickly and turned north which made the evacuation look silly. But with a city that size what is the right call to make?

Latest posts