• The KillerFrogs

Not staying on the field for the alma mater

SMOKEY IV

Bottom line, players know he would not hold them accountable so they hauled their embarrassed ass out of there. Kudos to the 20 men that stayed. Play these guys next week.

ftwfrog

I may not be a big time donor , but if I win the lottery between now and whenever, he gets none of my money at this point. He let one winning season take all of his morals and logic away.

Sonny you are notice arschloch.
There’s a lot of posts in this thread and I can’t tell if they’re sarcasm or not. If so, kudos. This one is funny.

Keep the laughs coming boys!!

tetonfrog

Not singing the alma mater after the game was #78 on things I gave a [ Finebaum ] about yesterday. Right behind, my oldest kid ate his brothers French fries, and my Uber driver took a wrong turn on the way to the game.
some of y’all need to self medicate more.
To me, it reinforces the #1 problem from Saturday: the players did not give a [ Finebaum ] about anything except themselves. They were not ready to play. They played with no focus. The played with zero fundamentals (tackle somebody) and they played with no heart.

Finally, they showed they are gutless when they skulked off the field without thanking our fans who watched that absolute [ Finebaum ] show of an effort for four hours of boiling heat................just like they did in LA after they no showed in the National Championship Game and embarrassed themselves and our entire school and fanbase after quitting in the second half.

I will never like it, but I can accept a TCU loss (and I have seen many blowouts in my time) if they play hard and just got beat. I cannot stomach it when the Frogs lose because they don't show up mentally. They didn't care about winning and they didn't even have the decency to show respect for a record-breaking home crowd and sing the school song with them. If these players don't care about us, then why should we care about them?

BleedNPurple

To me, it reinforces the #1 problem from Saturday: the players did not give a [ Finebaum ] about anything except themselves. They were not ready to play. They played with no focus. The played with zero fundamentals (tackle somebody) and they played with no heart.

Finally, they showed they are gutless when they skulked off the field without thanking our fans who watched that absolute [ Finebaum ] show of an effort for four hours of boiling heat................just like they did in LA after they no showed in the National Championship Game and embarrassed themselves and our entire school and fanbase after quitting in the second half.

I will never like it, but I can accept a TCU loss (and I have seen many blowouts in my time) if they play hard and just got beat. I cannot stomach it when the Frogs lose because they don't show up mentally. They didn't care about winning and they didn't even have the decency to show respect for a record-breaking home crowd and sing the school song with them. If these players don't care about us, then why should we care about them?
We lost by 3 points. I think the players and coaches cared. I think our defensive scheme didn’t put enough pressure on Sanders. When we blitzed or rushed 4 he struggled. When we played back in coverage with no pressure on Sanders he killed us.

Our offense had bad play calling passing inside the 10 yard line throwing Interceptions when we could have run it up the gut and had two TD’s. That missed 42 yard field goal was another killer. I feared in this seesaw game that the missed kick could come back to bite us - Deion said it at halftime too.

We were a couple of clicks off. If the players and coaches weren’t into the game then we wouldn’t have scored 42 points.

4 Oaks Frog

To this subject, I don’t care if we won or lost, if we should or shouldn’t or should have passed inside the 10, if our defense forgot all fundamentals of football or not, if we were out coached or not, if it was the largest crowd or smallest crowd in AGC, if CM is the weakest or best QB in TCU history, if Sonny is right or left handed…some traditions should not scheissing die. And, the team as a whole singing the Alma Mater, win or lose, is a tradition that should not scheissing die! No lame excuse from Sonny and ADJD is even remotely acceptable.
I’ve seen it twice in a row now, and it makes me sick to my stomach. Once more, and many of us will take the same give a [ Finebaum ] attitude that seems to be prevalent on this team right now. Show some scheissing leadership, for scheisss sake. Just sayin’…

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
100%
It seemed clear Zach Evans had little love/loyalty to TCU and didn’t hesitate transfer to highest bidder. I think this is just one example of “rent a player” model college football is becoming. Ala NFL. It’ll always be TCU football team, but it won’t be a team of kids who are truly students athletes.
Wasnt it our coach who said,"Beware what bait you use; that's the kind of player you'll get."

Last edited: