• The KillerFrogs

Not a Notre Dame fan at all but I applaud their stance....

frogs9497

It seems you've found political bias where there was none. I found it entirely obvious that he just thought it was stupid to make two teams not from California play a game in California in front of zero fans when they could play it somewhere closer to the two schools and WITH fans.

If that is Pharm’s issue, I don’t disagree. It was not obvious to me. Maybe I’m politically jaded at this point.

BABYFACE

“ A state like California.” Surely you could see how this could be interpreted as something other than “incredibly dumb.” If denial of access is your really your complaint, great. I’m dubious.
Actually, it as bearing. How California and New Mexico have handled games compared to other states is noteworthy and has had an effect.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
What difference does it make? No fans, a few thouand. Pretty crappy to deny your team and players their opportunity.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Though I was referring to Pasadena, TX and it for sure has some pretty stinky air, I lived about 4 blocks south Colorado Blvd and I can vouch that the air can be so bad there they would cancel little league games. Looking down into the San Gabriel Valley from Mt. Wilson would look like greenish yellow clouds from the smog.

Should’ve been a response to Froginaustin.

Merely saying the air in both Pasadenas can be pretty bad.

Froginbedford

not sure what is so special about this?

Pasadena_strip_mall_MS_TT.jpg

Pasadena-Houston-Texas-Office-Furniture-1.jpg

920x920.jpg

Is this Pasadena, Cal., or Pasadena, Texas?

sdfrog

What difference does it make? No fans, a few thouand. Pretty crappy to deny your team and players their opportunity.

1 - California is the hot bed for covid right now. We decided to take the pain in the Winter (AKA Hail Mary vaccine strategy that almost worked). Why would you come here when you could be safer elsewhere?
2 - California has very strict Covid rules that change on a moment’s notice. The scrutiny will be difficult.
3 - Fans can’t go.

Clearly this is a play to take the game closer to the teams in contention. Makes sense for a lot of reasons.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
1 - California is the hot bed for covid right now. We decided to take the pain in the Winter (AKA Hail Mary vaccine strategy that almost worked). Why would you come here when you could be safer elsewhere?
2 - California has very strict Covid rules that change on a moment’s notice. The scrutiny will be difficult.
3 - Fans can’t go.

Clearly this is a play to take the game closer to the teams in contention. Makes sense for a lot of reasons.
Games are being played in California. This weekend despite whatever their restrictions are.