• The KillerFrogs

No free video of TCU at UNM series

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Looking at Lobos baseball schedule it looks like you will have to buy a subscription to watch the series online. The one-month subscription to the CBS All-Access video is $15.

I am so glad TCU provides this free for its home games.

Spike

I ordered a game last year, the 26-4 beatdown. The camera was probably 200 plus feet from home plate and I could barely see anything. I think they only had 1 gamera going, was not worth the 10 bucks or so that I paid. So I will just enjoy the voice of Chuck Lamendola.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Looking at Lobos baseball schedule it looks like you will have to buy a subscription to watch the series online. The one-month subscription to the CBS All-Access video is $15.

I am so glad TCU provides this free for its home games.

I'm flying to ABQ in a couple of hours for a nephew's HS graduation. My Dad ('56) and I are going to today's game and maybe tomorrow's. Isotopes park is a great venue and it should be an awesome day. I'm confident it will be even better with Purke on the mound.

An-Cap Frog

TCU definately has this one right...how much revenue will UNM bring in versus the value of the fan base TCU is building...it is kind of like the Cubs when they decided to braodcast their games on WGN and everyone and their sister grew up watching Sandberg and Grace...of course the Cubs are the anti-Christ so maybe I am way off...

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
TCU definately has this one right...how much revenue will UNM bring in versus the value of the fan base TCU is building...it is kind of like the Cubs when they decided to braodcast their games on WGN and everyone and their sister grew up watching Sandberg and Grace...of course the Cubs are the anti-Christ so maybe I am way off...

Big difference. TCU has gradually built a strong program which has in turn built a strong reliable fan base. However, that successful baseball program could not have been built in the same way (and may not have been built at all) without the football success. The success of football has fueled the success and spending in other sports, even in a traditional non-revenue sport like baseball. UNM's baseball team has been inconsistent. They'll have a good team every 4 or 5 years, but can't build the consistent program that TCU has without a reliable revenue stream.

And the putridness that is UNM football cannot be adequately described with the English language. It is deplorable, and getting worse. They can single-handedly scuttle our BCS chances by the drain on our SOS. We would be better scheduling a D3 program. It really is an embarrassment to the State.

And this is coming from a guy who loves Lobo basketball, having received a graduate degree there. As bad as TCU basketball has been, it hasn't sunk the rest of the athletic dept. The way UNM football has.