• The KillerFrogs

Nick Saban Retires

4 Oaks Frog

I live in Houston because it is the oil and gas capital of the world and I work in that business.
That makes good sense. Houston is not a city I care for very much, but if you are in oil and gas, you need be there. Seattle is not a gas and oil friendly part of the world.
Do you think the Great Northwest might be a retirement destination for you?

allclearforfrogs

Texas, the state that thinks it has freedom but doesn't lol. No gambling, no legal weed, no abortions, and dominated by religion. Lol. Go ahead and take this to the pit.
Totally agree. It's hilarious. You also cannot buy liquor on certain days of the week. Texas is not "free" or "small government" I have no idea where people get that.

Last edited:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
BIG 12 NEWS

Chris Klieman, Matt Campbell Lead Six Big 12 Coaches as Potential Washington Replacements​

e16c5a62dc7f3772c32507c194d8bcbe

ByJoe Tillery
Posted on January 12, 2024
Iowa State head football coach Matt Campbell, right, shakes hands with Kansas State head coach Chris Klieman after Kansas State beat the Cyclones, 10-9, during a NCAA college football game at Jack Trice Stadium in Ames, Iowa, on Saturday, Oct. 8, 2022. Iowastatevskansasstatefb 20221008 Bh

While former Washington Head Coach Kalen DeBore made national headlines by accepting the job to succeed Nick Saban at Alabama, the job opening at Washington has introduced a number of Big 12 coaches as potential replacements.

According to Friday’s report from ESPN’s Pete Thamel, Chris Klieman, Matt Campbell, Lance Leipold, Jedd Fisch, Kyle Whittingham, and Kalani Sitake were all included as potential targets for Washington.

While Kansas State‘s Chris Klieman, Iowa State‘s Matt Campbell, Kansas‘ Lance Leipold, and Arizona’s Jedd Fisch seem to be the usual suspects anytime a desirable job opens in college football, the addition of Utah’s Kyle Whittingham and BYU‘s Kalani Sitake throws a new curveball into the equation.

On3’s Andy Staples discussed the recent list of potential coaches and limited the focus to seven potential candidates. Staples highlighted Washington OC Ryan Grubb, Kansas’ Lance Leipold, Kansas State’s Chris Klieman, Arizona’s Jedd Fisch, Missouri’s Eli Drinkwitz, Utah’s Kyle Whittingham, a former Washington HC Chris Petersen.

Staples spoke on Leipold first by saying, “Do you want a coach similar to DeBoer? Then hire one who took a similar path. DeBoer was winning in the NAIA as a young coach. As he hit middle age, Leipold was dominating Division III. He won six national titles at Wisconsin-Whitewater before he was hired to resurrect Buffalo’s program. After being hired in Lawrence late in spring practice in 2021, Leipold has turned Kansas from the biggest laughingstock in the FBS to a competitive Big 12 program that is an absolute blast to watch.”

Following Leipold was in-state rival Chris Klieman for Kansas State whom Staples discussed by mentioning, “Klieman won four FCS national titles at North Dakota State before taking over for Bill Snyder at Kansas State. He has proven he can develop talent, but his recruitment of Kansas native five-star quarterback Avery Johnson — the highest-rated prospect Kansas State has ever signed — also shows he can bring in highly sought-after recruits. The Washington coach must be able to do both, and Klieman can.”
Jedd Fisch, who has completely revamped the Arizona Wildcats football team was discussed next on the list with Staples raving about Fisch’s upside.

“It’s unclear whether the 47-year-old Fisch’s next move would be to the NFL, where he worked for eight different organizations during his career,” Staples said. “He also has been the offensive coordinator at Michigan and Miami, so he’s capable of succeeding in different regions at the college level. What Fisch has done at Arizona is nothing short of remarkable. He took over one of the worst roster situations in the FBS and built a winner quickly through high school recruiting and through the transfer portal. Washington saw Fisch up close last season in a one-touchdown Huskies win in Tucson. But while these programs have been in the same league, they’re both headed elsewhere. Arizona will be in the Big 12 and Washington will be in the Big Ten, and that makes the Washington job a much better destination.”

Staples finished his thoughts by discussing Kyle Whittingham saying, “Whittingham took over for Urban Meyer in 2005 and has been one of college football’s best coaches ever since. He turns 65 in November, but anyone who has ever met Whittingham knows conditioning and energy aren’t problems. Had the Pac-12 held together, I wouldn’t even make this suggestion. But with Washington headed to the Big Ten and Utah to the Big 12, these are different-level jobs. Whittingham likely retires at Utah, but he’s exactly the kind of coach who could keep Washington in national title contention.”

While the vacancy at Washington should open up the eyes of Big 12 fans praying to retain their head coach, the six included on Thamel’s list are worth keeping an eye on as things heat up in Seattle.

https://paid.outbrain.com/network/r...rVzCSaIZN9siyS45pWXNeNCBW-BECS&c=efdf0073&v=4

Sangria Wine

Give me Dallas or Austin any day over Houston. I said what I said. Houston is a California style [ Finebaum ]hole that happens to be in Texas.

Dtx_Frog_Fan

Seattle also has no extreme temperatures because of where it is, so with proper clothing you can always be comfortable outdoors.

And it does not have extreme weather events; no floods, tornadoes, snowstorms, droughts…it only waits for an earthquake, ha.
Also, a Mt. Rainier eruption would be catastrophic. It is one of the world’s most closely watched volcanoes for eruption potential. https://geology.com/usgs/rainier/