• The KillerFrogs

Nick Saban Retires

hometown frog

Well, Alabama does provide close proximity to the most fertile recruiting turf, so that would be a good reason to go to Bama, versus all the awful travel time involved in recruiting from the extreme NW corner of the continental 48. A better quality of life by that measure.
I just have a hard time with any statement that uses “better quality of life” when comparing Tuscaloosa to Seattle.

bc puckett

Sorry just because you might want to live in Seattle instead of Tuscaloosa doesn't mean everyone else would. I know plenty of people who live in NYC or Chicago and are very happy and wouldn't consider living anywhere else while I wouldn't set foot in either place. That's why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors.

Chongo94

Sorry just because you might want to live in Seattle instead of Tuscaloosa doesn't mean everyone else would. I know plenty of people who live in NYC or Chicago and are very happy and wouldn't consider living anywhere else while I wouldn't set foot in either place. That's why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors.
Yes yes yes, everyone is different, cool.

Pretty much don’t care where anyone lives although wouldn’t want to live in the same community as Wex as probably nothing would get done if he somehow leads it. Just saying I’d take Seattle over Tuscaloosa in a heartbeat and this is coming from someone that has family and spent summers in Tuscaloosa.

Endless Purple

Really curious as to how Tuscaloosa is better. Puget Sound, Mt Rainier, and other national forests are right there plus so much other outdoor areas just out of the city limits. Then the other things to do in the city. Two great options, and don't have to live in the city proper.

tcudoc

Really curious as to how Tuscaloosa is better. Puget Sound, Mt Rainier, and other national forests are right there plus so much other outdoor areas just out of the city limits. Then the other things to do in the city. Two great options, and don't have to live in the city proper.
For me, it would be more about the people I would be forced to lived near. If I wanted to visit Mt Rainier, I could take a trip there. Plus, the weather would be too depressing. The weather is even mentioned in the name of the mountain. Plus, the people seem awful. No offense intended to the 5-10% of people who are likely completely normal and sane.

OICU812

I think living in Seattle would be awful.
Yeah, living in a great house on the Pacific coast, with phenomenal food, cultural arts, stunning natural scenery, spending your work time on a college campus and your down time fishing, sailing, windsurfing on Puget Sound, all in a very mild climate. . . Nightmares.

Limey Frog

Yeah, living in a great house on the Pacific coast, with phenomenal food, cultural arts, stunning natural scenery, spending your work time on a college campus and your down time fishing, sailing, windsurfing on Puget Sound, all in a very mild climate. . . Nightmares.
Also the hobos on fentanyl who will poop in your front yard are so much more cosmopolitan than in Alabama.

OICU812

Also the hobos on fentanyl who will poop in your front yard are so much more cosmopolitan than in Alabama.
If you’re making the money the UW HFC makes and have hobos pooping in your front yard you’re doing it wrong.
You’d prefer living among the Jethros in Bama who don’t poop in your yard(or maybe they do) but will murder your family pet? To each his own, I guess.

Hemingway

For me, it would be more about the people I would be forced to lived near. If I wanted to visit Mt Rainier, I could take a trip there. Plus, the weather would be too depressing. The weather is even mentioned in the name of the mountain. Plus, the people seem awful. No offense intended to the 5-10% of people who are likely completely normal and sane.
They decriminalized a lot of the laws pertaining to drug use and created a problem

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Not to mention, research on the condition of Seasonal Affective Disorder was done in that market. I don't think the acronym was a coincidence. When there is precipitation over 300 days per year, your outdoor options are impacted. Another true fact, the original "Skid Row" was a street in Seattle.

Hemingway

Not to mention, research on the condition of Seasonal Affective Disorder was done in that market. I don't think the acronym was a coincidence. When there is precipitation over 300 days per year, your outdoor options are impacted. Another true fact, the original "Skid Row" was a street in Seattle.
So how are your outdoor option impacted when it’s over a 100 for sixty days? Summer seasonal depression

Wexahu

If you’re making the money the UW HFC makes and have hobos pooping in your front yard you’re doing it wrong.
You’d prefer living among the Jethros in Bama who don’t poop in your yard(or maybe they do) but will murder your family pet? To each his own, I guess.
Yes, you're right, to each his own.

Being somewhere where it's warm and sunny a good deal of the time might be most important to me, followed by living somewhere where I'd fit in pretty well culturally. Seattle just isn't that FOR ME. So if you gave me a choice of big cities in the US I could choose to live in, Seattle would be in the bottom third, right with those cities in the northeast. And I realize that it's got some qualities that other people might love. Personally, I'd much rather live in Tuscaloosa or any decent sized city or college town in the south.