• The KillerFrogs

Nick Saban Retires

OICU812

Heard a radio spot this morning with a Tuscaloosa reporter saying the name on campus is Demeco Ryans. Just wild spec based on nothing but that’s how this goes

2themax

Believe College Football GIF by Aflac Duck
Summer Vibes GIF by Aflac Duck

An anonymous AFLAC source is reporting a coach who has worked closely with Saban for the last 2 yrs is the front-runner.

Both DeMeco Ryans and Steve Sarkisian are better off staying where they have started turnarounds and will get great credit for - saviors. And they both have QB’s. To leave and try to fill Saban’s shoes, Alabama would have to be their dream job.

Last edited:

Frozen Frog

Who knows if his wife's health is an issue. I am hearing it's not a reason. I could actually see him going to the Big Ten if one of a few jobs open. I also think there is a good chance he is done with coaching! He hated the NFL. I think this new generation of college football is something he rues. He has his money, and it is time to leave. Alabama looks like it has lost something in the past few years. The cupboard might be getting a little empty. Still one of the best teams in the country, but not the biggest kid on the block anymore.

I think Lane Kiffin, Sark, Dabo, and James Franklin are among the top prospects. I think Lane Kiffin or Sark have to be my favorites. I think Franklin is the best choice. Dude had Vanderbilt ranked! The issue with the carousel and TCU is that we could lose an assistant coach like our OC. Someone please take our OC! Also you can have our S&C coach!

Ranidaphobia

Personal opinion here.. Coach Saban was not wanting to retire. But once he saw his players leaving left and right year after year he knew CFB was out of control and it was time to walk away. Literally EVERY SINGLE freshman Saban recruited that stayed 4 years at Bama won a national championship... We are talking about someone that mastered the game of CFB by building a program through relationships, philosophy, and motivation. Unfortunately that is not todays game and its not even close. I remember Saban mentioning he doesn't want to ride the program down in any fashion. I predict him staying with College Football, but not as coach, but as someone that can fix the mess CFB has found itself in.

Who knows if his wife's health is an issue. I am hearing it's not a reason. I could actually see him going to the Big Ten if one of a few jobs open. I also think there is a good chance he is done with coaching! He hated the NFL. I think this new generation of college football is something he rues. He has his money, and it is time to leave. Alabama looks like it has lost something in the past few years. The cupboard might be getting a little empty. Still one of the best teams in the country, but not the biggest kid on the block anymore.

I think Lane Kiffin, Sark, Dabo, and James Franklin are among the top prospects. I think Lane Kiffin or Sark have to be my favorites. I think Franklin is the best choice. Dude had Vanderbilt ranked! The issue with the carousel and TCU is that we could lose an assistant coach like our OC. Someone please take our OC! Also you can have our S&C coach!
He sat down with Rece Davis last night for an interview. It has nothing to do with health or the NIL or the portal, according to Saban.

He said he knew it would have to end at some point (he’s 72), and every year it got harder to make a four-year commitment to recruits, and to the university.