• The KillerFrogs

Nice stat on Niang......

MinFrog

Remember, this kid committed about a week before signing day.

This is what makes recruiting so fun!

Love having this kid on board. Seems like a great kid and a hell of a contributor.

westoverhillbilly

Remember, this kid committed about a week before signing day.

Love having this kid on board. Seems like a great kid and a hell of a contributor.

Ditto.. We nabbed him out of Connecticut or somewhere up there as I remember.. If we continue getting guys in the trenches like him, we'll be in the CFP and soon..

WhatTheFrog

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Niang fan, but is there a stat that takes the number of offensive snaps into consideration or something along those lines? I'm thinking that TCU probably had less snaps on O than Alabama did, but I could be wrong. Alabama could've had 100 more offensive snaps than TCU this year (being a shorter-yardage team than TCU), which makes the numbers look better. Again, I could be wrong, but does anyone have any raw stats for this?

Moose Stuff

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Niang fan, but is there a stat that takes the number of offensive snaps into consideration or something along those lines? I'm thinking that TCU probably had less snaps on O than Alabama did, but I could be wrong. Alabama could've had 100 more offensive snaps than TCU this year (being a shorter-yardage team than TCU), which makes the numbers look better. Again, I could be wrong, but does anyone have any raw stats for this?

The number of snaps they played is IN THE TWEET.

WhatTheFrog

The number of snaps they played is IN THE TWEET.
Ok! Uncle!

My question was meant to be about run vs. pass, but I see the thing says "pass blocking snaps". Do you have the numbers of snaps (pass vs. run) comparing TCU to Alabama? I'd imagine Alabama had many more run plays vs pass than TCU did. Again, I could be wrong. What about total number of offensive plays?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Ok! Uncle!

My question was meant to be about run vs. pass, but I see the thing says "pass blocking snaps". Do you have the numbers of snaps (pass vs. run) comparing TCU to Alabama? I'd imagine Alabama had many more run plays vs pass than TCU did. Again, I could be wrong. What about total number of offensive plays?

I assure you all the info related to this tweet you need is included in the tweet. I doubt too many sacks were given up on running plays by anyone.

WhatTheFrog

I give you that, but my question was how many run vs. pass plays did each team run? Alabama was #114 (36.58%) in pass plays, TCU was #86 (44.46%) I would think in total number or offensive plays run, the percentages would become even more significant. I haven't found the total number of offensive plays run for each team, but I'd venture to guess that Alabama had more, based on their run-based offense. TCU had a ton of 3-and-outs because of the pass-oriented offense that comes with the so-called "Air-Raid", even though it wasn't really implemented this year, based on our QB's strengths and weaknesses.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/passing-play-pct

Either way, Niang was, has been, and most likely will be a good player for our Horned Frog family.

bc puckett

While this is an interesting stat I seem to remember (always dicey at my age) the beginning of the Baylor game when Niang whiffed on his guy who then hit KH in the end zone forcing a fumble which Niang with nothing else to do managed to pick up the ball so it was only a safety but he was clearly burned on the play. Not sure how it wasn't considered a sack.

bc puckett

I swear to god, some of you could be banging Katy Perry and complain that she wasn’t into it enough for you. Niang is a really good young player. Excited to see how good he can get!

Seriously? Lighten Up

I wasn't knocking him just the accuracy of the stat. I live in CT and saw him play several times in high school. Very happy he wound up a Frog, knowing it was a very good get for the program, who not only contributed as a true freshman last season and then spent a good portion of this year as a starter.

Last edited:

Punter1

Gonna be interesting if he moves over to the left side like we have done with tons of other tackles in the past.

Also...watching him last year he looked so overmatched, as true freshman tackles usually look. But he has improved so much from year 1 to 2. Guy is obviously a future NFL player...

FrogLifeYo

I like the progress CT has made with our line. For the last few years we struggled with run blocking. That was much improved this year. There was some mid season issues in the interior of our line but as a whole the group graded up better than in years past. No reason to think the trend won't continue...I expect our line to be dominant in the next 2 years..