• The KillerFrogs

Newy interviewed an emotional Coach P about the title game

Pharm Frog

What problem is he causing? Even Sonny welcomes him.

I see several of you with some severe anger at GP and I still don’t get it. Yeah, he want to hated UT. I would have preferred he not do that too. But the man is inexorably tied to the rapid rise of TCU football it just seems a tad immature to toss out all the good he did when weighed against going to his wife’s alma mater. Hell, my wife dragged me to Indiana, but I can forgive and forget.
He’d not be causing any problem or potential problem if he just stayed away. But apparently the sentimentalists want to put him in position to be one. He has been honored with a statue. Good. He was a big part of the equation to advance the program. Credit. He was the reason this program floundered and severely underperformed and was unwilling to change when change was so obviously needed. He was the embodiment of tragic hubris. I don’t hate GP…he was essential to getting to the Rose Bowl and winning it. (Which I have repeatedly said is the pinnacle for me and this CFP-thing hasn’t changed my mind). I don’t hate him. I don’t love him. I don’t care a bit about him now. Don’t care what he thinks or feels. Don’t care what he says or where he does as long as it’s nowhere near the program he was in the process of wrecking.

GO_DJ

Ticket Exchange Pass
you think being an analyst is the say as being an intern?
I think he took a major step back to observe how another major program is run. I'm sure that he offered his feedback, particularly on the TCU game plan, but I don't think he was pulling 80 hours a week with the rest of the coaching staff.

He was fired! He dated a hot chick after his wife left him after 25 years. I am totally fine with that.

HornyWartyToad

I don't understand the mindset of anyone thinking Gary needs to be somehow involved in this thing now. It's like you are in desperate need of proving something, I'm not sure what or to whom.
Gary was great for TCU. . . Then he was toxic. . .
At some point down the road, there will be reconciliation. But now is NOT the time. If you can't see that then you are blinded by excess loyalty to a personality, rather than to the TEAM.

Pharm Frog

I think he took a major step back to observe how another major program is run. I'm sure that he offered his feedback, particularly on the TCU game plan, but I don't think he was pulling 80 hours a week with the rest of the coaching staff.

He was fired! He dated a hot chick after his wife left him after 25 years. I am totally fine with that.
Be VERY careful with that marriage stuff. No reason to bring that here.

Moose Stuff

So help the clueless here on what the issue is. This whole feud with GP is starting to get as stupid as Harry going over to the dreadful Yanks with that wife of his.
First off, there isn’t a “feud”. As for the issue….Gary, Gary is the issue. He threw a childish fit making the end of his time even more awkward than it should have been and then took a job at UT (which I’m not really bothered by but others seem to be). That many of our fans were left with a bad taste in their mouth because of that is a reflection on him and not them. And that’s without even bringing up the disaster this program had turned into the last several years.

Pharm Frog

I don't understand the mindset of anyone thinking Gary needs to be somehow involved in this thing now. It's like you are in desperate need of proving something, I'm not sure what or to whom.
Gary was great for TCU. . . Then he was toxic. . .
At some point down the road, there will be reconciliation. But now is NOT the time. If you can't see that then you are blinded by excess loyalty to a personality, rather than to the TEAM.
Thank God we didn’t have a Sandusky-issue here. Far more coach idolatry here then I ever imagined.

Eight

agree that he is most likely not doing football round the clock as he once did which is a good thing, hopefully, he did learn a few new things working with the texas staff, and i never had an issue with him going to austin

sounds as if he did what he does best which is break down film and game plan which is a bit more than providing feedback

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
He’d not be causing any problem or potential problem if he just stayed away. But apparently the sentimentalists want to put him in position to be one. He has been honored with a statue. Good. He was a big part of the equation to advance the program. Credit. He was the reason this program floundered and severely underperformed and was unwilling to change when change was so obviously needed. He was the embodiment of tragic hubris. I don’t hate GP…he was essential to getting to the Rose Bowl and winning it. (Which I have repeatedly said is the pinnacle for me and this CFP-thing hasn’t changed my mind). I don’t hate him. I don’t love him. I don’t care a bit about him now. Don’t care what he thinks or feels. Don’t care what he says or where he does as long as it’s nowhere near the program he was in the process of wrecking.
I don’t think he was intentionally trying to wreck anything. Like a lot of coaches, his momentum couldn’t be maintained and was replace. I don’t really see this as a reason for the venom being sent his way. And I doubt any kind sentimental visit is going to contaminate anything Sonny is trying to build. If Sonny doesn’t have a problem, no one else’s opinion has an ounce of mattering. It wouldn’t surprise at all that GP still has some wisdom regarding football to impart. But only If he is asked.

GO_DJ

Ticket Exchange Pass
agree that he is most likely not doing football round the clock as he once did which is a good thing, hopefully, he did learn a few new things working with the texas staff, and i never had an issue with him going to austin

sounds as if he did what he does best which is break down film and game plan which is a bit more than providing feedback
OK. He offered analysis and made no major business decisions. Call that an analyst or an intern. Regardless, I doubt that he was driving any major decision making process.

Moose Stuff

I see several of you with some severe anger at GP and I still don’t get it. Yeah, he want to hated UT. I would have preferred he not do that too. But the man is inexorably tied to the rapid rise of TCU football it just seems a tad immature to toss out all the good he did when weighed against going to his wife’s alma mater. Hell, my wife dragged me to Indiana, but I can forgive and forget.
Worth noting that you can be angry with someone without tossing out all the good. I don’t understand why so many people have no ability to separate the two.

Deep Purple

Because you are so high up in the TCU executive chain that you know this. Come on man. Give me a break. [...] They dont have the issue. The TCU fans do and its sad.
You call out Planks, saying he can't possibly know what the Admin is thinking... and then you claim to know not only what the Admin is thinking, but the fan base as well.

irony GIF

HornyWartyToad

Be VERY careful with that marriage stuff. No reason to bring that here.
It's actually a pretty solid analogy:
Divorced after 20 years because the marriage had gone stale and nobody was willing to put in the work to resurrect it and both partners got bitter and resentful.
Time goes on, new great relationship with super-hot GF who is a great fit and loves the kids.
Planning the Dream Vacation with the GF and kids to someplace exotic, and someone says, "Hey why don't you invite the ex along on the trip because what could possibly go wrong?"

Pharm Frog

It's a metaphor on the internet. Take two steps back and a deep breath.

And FWIW, I am VERY qualified to make that metaphor ;)
Nobody is VERY qualified to speak about someone else’s marriage. No relevance at all to this discussion that shouldn’t even be taking place IMO except for the vapid emotionalism that is on display.

Pharm Frog

It's actually a pretty solid analogy:
Divorced after 20 years because the marriage had gone stale and nobody was willing to put in the work to resurrect it and both partners got bitter and resentful.
Time goes on, new great relationship with super-hot GF who is a great fit and loves the kids.
Planning the Dream Vacation with the GF and kids to someplace exotic, and someone says, "Hey why don't you invite the ex along on the trip because what could possibly go wrong?"
No reason to make this metaphor with its assumptions.