• The KillerFrogs

New KF.c Blog: Monday Morning Manager, July 25th, 2011

FungoFrog

Tier 1
MMMbanner.jpg

Welcome back to Monday Morning Manager at the #1 TCU Baseball blog on the interwebs. We are happy to report that the Manager won't be trading off any of our talent anytime soon (They offered me to the FWST for the corpse of Randy Galloway, FWST demanded we put Feisty in the deal, and then it all went to hell).

Five Questions
1. If you could ask Kevin Cron any question in an interview, what would it be?
2. Would you pay Albert Pujols $300 million?
3. Could Frog Commit Mitchell Traver start on the men's basketball team at TCU?
4. Jim Callis at Baseball America thinks Matt Purke is coming back in the fall, does that make you feel better?
5. If you were Jake Arrieta, would you have the surgery and remove the bone spur?

Check this out, plus much more, and answer the 5 questions at the Around The Diamond blog! CLICK HERE!

And follow me on Twitter @FungoFrogTCU

Love,
FungoFrog

Leap Frog

Was looking at the roster and it is down to 19 with Purke, Coats and Winkler listed. Can you give any info on these 3? Also, Frogs have 17 signees for fall- how many will show up? Thanks.

FungoFrog

Tier 1
Was looking at the roster and it is down to 19 with Purke, Coats and Winkler listed. Can you give any info on these 3? Also, Frogs have 17 signees for fall- how many will show up? Thanks.

Purke: Ehhhhh no. I have been told he is leaning no, I think he doesn't want to go through the incredible emotional stress he went through last season.

Coats: Depends on the offer. Another big year, he might move up 2-3 rounds. An equal or lesser year, he will move back.

Winkler: He wants to move on, the offer might not be there. In the end, I think he moves.

FungoFrog

Tier 1
Curry will be big league playing soon

Um, no.

He isn't on the 40. He has had one full professional season. He has split that one year between A and AA.

I am a big fan of his bat, I think he has shown the ability to at least be an average major league player. BUT, let him finish this year at AA, let him go to minor league ST next year, start in AA, if he performs move him to AAA around May 10th next year and then if he shows he is well rounded enough to play, the first injury that pops up let him come up and play for a week or two.

He could be Mitch Moreland.

Or he could be Chris Davis.

Regardless, his journey isn't close to being done.

FungoFrog

Tier 1
You left out Albert Pujols. He could be Albert Pujols.

I try to keep comps. local so people can make more sense of what I am saying.

But no, he isn't going to be Albert Pujols.

To the question of 17 signees and how many show, I think we will in the end lose three... Crick, Collins and then I think we will lose Cron in the end. Just a hunch, hopefully after the interview this week I will feel differently.