• The KillerFrogs

New Jimbo Fisher contract…..

jonw.gif

He's done the two things that matter:

1) Recruit at a high level... They've gotten their team talent index up from 16th a few years ago to 7th coming into 2021 (according to 247)

2) Turn those recruits into wins... He needs to break double digits consistently, but 9-1 last year helped a bunch

If things keep going this way, they are/will be/continue to be the #1 football program in the state of Texas.

Long Time Lurker

Man, the going rate for Chick-fil-A, Liberty and Texas Bowls is insane. Thanks Biden.
Can we take a vote on this??? has it been long enough and has Biden been blamed enough by conservative commentators to say “thanks Biden” for stuff like this. The gag worked great in Obama’s second term.
I think right now we can blame Trump for the big 12 dissolution.

helcap

No coincidence this came a week after Alabama gave an extension to 2031 and raise to Saban. Aggie wants to show they are a big time program as well.

Real Frog

No coincidence this came a week after Alabama gave an extension to 2031 and raise to Saban. Aggie wants to show they are a big time program as well.
His contract extends automatically, the numbers are just kicking in on his original agreement. It's a performance based agreement tied to Saban, CFP ranking, wins etc.

Moose Stuff

Can we take a vote on this??? has it been long enough and has Biden been blamed enough by conservative commentators to say “thanks Biden” for stuff like this. The gag worked great in Obama’s second term.

I think we could blame Biden for pretty much anything at this point. Not like he could coherently prove it wasn’t his fault.

Well, inflation is up quite a bit over the last several months and this just happened so a plus b equals c.

Punter1

I think he’s a good coach, but I don’t necessarily understand A&M’s motivation to extend and raise his salary here? Was he getting courted by someone else and threatening to leave?

This is for recruiting...at least the extention part. They just offered 2025 kid yesterday and Aggie wants to be able to say Jimbo will be here for your entire career. That's a big deal...we use that line all the time and it works. Kids hate HC turnover.

However, raising the salary, negotiating against yourself seems dumb but they have so much money it doesn't really matter to them.

Latest posts