• The KillerFrogs

New(ish) TCU Sports Column- FW Weekly

Billy Clyde

For thems that don't regularly pick up the FW Weekly and peruse the ads in the back for "dates," (which I totally do NOT), you may not be aware there is a regular column there focused on TCU sports. Think it's been in the Weekly for maybe a year or so. Appears to be about all things TCU-Athletics.
Written by a dude named Buck Elliott, and called, "Buck U." I know- Super-witty, right? Still, at least it's something. Don't look for genius old-school sportswriting, or any particularly knowledgeable insights, the dude sounds like he may not even have a press pass- If he does, he's not getting any inside info from what I can tell. BUT- At least it's a regular column, published by a local paper, that is NOT 4 times out of 5 a hit piece on the home team. If for no other reason, it seems worth supporting. Maybe he could grow into the role and give the Startle yet another reason to give ol' Polly Prissy Pants the heave-ho. One can dream.

www.fwweekly.com/2019/08/07/getting-defensive/

JockO de Frog

For thems that don't regularly pick up the FW Weekly and peruse the ads in the back for "dates," (which I totally do NOT), you may not be aware there is a regular column there focused on TCU sports. Think it's been in the Weekly for maybe a year or so. Appears to be about all things TCU-Athletics.
Written by a dude named Buck Elliott, and called, "Buck U." I know- Super-witty, right? Still, at least it's something. Don't look for genius old-school sportswriting, or any particularly knowledgeable insights, the dude sounds like he may not even have a press pass- If he does, he's not getting any inside info from what I can tell. BUT- At least it's a regular column, published by a local paper, that is NOT 4 times out of 5 a hit piece on the home team. If for no other reason, it seems worth supporting. Maybe he could grow into the role and give the Startle yet another reason to give ol' Polly Prissy Pants the heave-ho. One can dream.

www.fwweekly.com/2019/08/07/getting-defensive/
You are right. He actually writes well and does some homework.