• The KillerFrogs

NCAA to approve new rules allowing athletes to transfer multiple times and still be immediately eligible

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

NCAA to approve new rules allowing athletes to transfer multiple times and still be immediately eligible​

The NCAA’s Division I Council unanimously approved new transfer rules Wednesday that will allow all undergraduate athletes to transfer schools and play immediately regardless of how many times they've transferred schools in the past.

ShreveFrog

This Is Fine GIF by 100% Soft

Sangria Wine

Coaching staffs are gonna get even better at sucking it. Not only gotta get new recruits but you also gotta tend to everybody you already got every single freaking year. #GetYourKneePadsReady

Limey Frog

This was already the de facto rule courtesy of the recent federal ruling in West Virginia. A new division for big time football will be created and schools will pay players from media revenue, probably indirectly via a third entity such as the conference, of which all players are technically sub-contractors. Those contacts will allow collective bargaining, which will allow limits on transfer rules. Until that happens all college sports are just the 1980s SWC on steroids.

TCU football will be incapable of competing with the best programs until those rules are put in place. I don't think anyone really wants what we have now. Something big will happen, it's just a matter of when, and if it creates sufficient conditions for some semblance of parity to be maintained. I think the answers there are: within two years, and I have no idea but I'm not optimistic.

Strat Frog

There should then be a guaranteed term of service for the athlete. Say 2 years before you can transfer. Otherwise it’s just a continuous free for all

jack the frog

Coaching staffs are gonna get even better at sucking it. Not only gotta get new recruits but you also gotta tend to everybody you already got every single freaking year. #GetYourKneePadsReady

The coaches that retired with generational wealth over the last ten years got out just in time. I’d rather be the equipment guy in the pros than fight the college nonsense every day.