• The KillerFrogs

NBC5 anchor Jane McGarry ARRESTED

weklfrog

So, so if Patterson gets pinched (knock on wood) while driving home from a wedding some night in Fort Worth. You calling for his resignation too? He's got a pretty public position. Much more so than a local newscaster.
I didn't call for her to be fired but I would have been somewhat surprised if she wasn't. We have had coaches at TCU fired for less, other coaches not fired for more serious transgressions. It is really up to her employer as it would be up to TCU to decide the appropriate course of action if Patterson were arrested for similar behaviors.

denverfrog

I don't agree with it, but, we all know the reason is credibility or, now, after this, the perception of the lack of same. Scared of public perception. Really don't like her at all but this isn't fair.

DickBumpastache

I don't agree with Jane losing her job over this - I know PAs/editors and suits alike at that station who have been busted for DWI and are still employed there - but she doesn't have much room to complain after she blew a .11 and then pleaded no contest.

A word of caution to those of you who do get pulled over sometime in the future: don't blow into anything, don't say anything.

TCURiggs

I don't agree with Jane losing her job over this - I know PAs/editors and suits alike at that station who have been busted for DWI and are still employed there - but she doesn't have much room to complain after she blew a .11 and then pleaded no contest.

A word of caution to those of you who do get pulled over sometime in the future: don't blow into anything, don't say anything.

roddog's not going to like that

Frog-in-law1995

She didn't blow. It was a blood draw pursuant to a warrant.

weklfrog

According to news reports, she didn't blow into anything. She refused a breathalyzer and a mandatory blood sample was taken She also failed several field sobriety tests.

roddog

Banned

yep, also never admit to having anything to drink no matter if you have, just gives them cause to test you if they didnt plan on doing so anyways!

DickBumpastache

If you refuse don't they just take you in and draw blood anyways?

That's not been the case with the guys I've known who have been arrested. I think they need PC: either you have alcohol on you, or you failed the sobriety tests miserably, something to that effect. They need probable cause for a warrant. You don't have to take the field tests either, and the cops aren't letting you go if they suspect anything.

EDIT: No refusal weekends are obviously a differennt scenario, but if you are dumb enough to not call a cab for those 3-4 weekends a year, you are probably too dumb to be driving, period.

Frogenstein

If you refuse don't they just take you in and draw blood anyways?
Depends. If a no refusal program is going on then yes they will get a warrant and take blood. I have heard of a few smaller towns in Texas that always get blood draws when the driver refuses the breath test. But for the most part there is a pretty good chance they just mark it down as a refusal. I think it is trending to the point where in the near future no refusal will be a state wide policy.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Depends. If a no refusal program is going on then yes they will get a warrant and take blood. I have heard of a few smaller towns in Texas that always get blood draws when the driver refuses the breath test. But for the most part there is a pretty good chance they just mark it down as a refusal. I think it is trending to the point where in the near future no refusal will be a state wide policy.

I think it should be a state wide policy. I thought it had changed that no matter what now, if you refuse the breathalyzer then they take you in and draw blood. Guess I was wrong...

roddog

Banned
I think it should be a state wide policy. I thought it had changed that no matter what now, if you refuse the breathalyzer then they take you in and draw blood. Guess I was wrong...

breathalyzers arent always accurate! my friend mimi coffey has experts who can attest to this and usually does in her trials