• The KillerFrogs

NBC Sports: 49ers could elevate veteran Verrett from practice squad vs. Ravens

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

49ers could elevate veteran Verrett from practice squad vs. Ravens​

Jennifer Lee Chan

SANTA CLARA — After two weeks back in the Bay Area, cornerback Jason Verrett could make his 2023 NFL season debut when the 49ers host the Baltimore Ravens on Monday night at Levi’s Stadium.

The veteran cornerback was one of the three players who received scout team player-of-the-week honors for their performance in practice. Verrett shared that he snagged an interception or two and broke up several passes.

“I’m not sure what the plan is. I don’t know,” Verrett told NBC Sports Bay Area on Saturday. "I’m sure we will probably figure out something.”

Read more at https://sports.yahoo.com/49ers-could-elevate-veteran-verrett-220535515.html

Such a pity Verrett could not stay healthy. He certainly would have had several all-pro years, and maybe who knows, maybe even make the HOF. Definitely the best coverage DB I have seen at TCU, and I go back to 1963 watching the Frogs.
My recollection was he was burned on two TD’s his first game at TCU by Baylor/ RG3 and he was very upset. That was the start of RG3’s March to the Heisman. That was Verrett’s worst game that year and he really turned it around

ShreveFrog

Ravens kick returner to start the game is shoved out of bounds and hits Verrett who was standing on sideline. Verrett injured. Just kidding on that last part.

Frawg

My recollection was he was burned on two TD’s his first game at TCU by Baylor/ RG3 and he was very upset. That was the start of RG3’s March to the Heisman. That was Verrett’s worst game that year and he really turned it around
So crazy. We stop a 4th and 10 and RGlll is patted on the head for a good game against a title contender and hovers just outside the Heisman contenders the rest of the year. Certainly never wins it. Do we go undefeated again and…??? Maybe Pachall matures, enters the Heisman talk and becomes a leader instead of disappointment .:oops: