• The KillerFrogs

Most Draft Picks in the State

Atomic Frawg

So far we have 4 picks (3 offense, 1 defense), and they have 4 picks (all defense). I think the last two or three years we've had the most draft picks in the state.

So far we have 4 picks (3 offense, 1 defense), and they have 4 picks (all defense). I think the last two or three years we've had the most draft picks in the state.

Yeah. It's kinda funny that after Von Miller with the #2 pick, A&M has no other draft picks. Same with Baylor: two linemen in the 1st, then nothing after. SMU has one. Tech has no draft picks. UTEP, Rice, North Texas have none.

TCU and Texas are the two major programs in the state of Texas, and UT when 5-7 last year.

We're the top dog in Texas right now.

Kaiser

I would just like to emphasize that Tech has zero players drafted.
laugh.gif

jstrat

Yeah. It's kinda funny that after Von Miller with the #2 pick, A&M has no other draft picks. Same with Baylor: two linemen in the 1st, then nothing after. SMU has one. Tech has no draft picks. UTEP, Rice, North Texas have none.

TCU and Texas are the two major programs in the state of Texas, and UT when 5-7 last year.

We're the top dog in Texas right now.

Could just be an indicator of age of the team. A&M, Texas, and OU return a lot of their players for next year. TCU is losing half the starters.

cdsfrog

Could just be an indicator of age of the team. A&M, Texas, and OU return a lot of their players for next year. TCU is losing half the starters.

Or Texas could have went 5-7 last year and evaluate talent worse than anyone else in the state save Baylor. Been doing less with more than anyone in the country for ever.

jstrat

Or Texas could have went 5-7 last year and evaluate talent worse than anyone else in the state save Baylor. Been doing less with more than anyone in the country for ever.

Texas I believe has more players in the NFL than anyone else. One year hardly qualifies as forever.

TCUdirtbag

Baylor just had a 3d player drafted.
Honestly----how sad that they can have 3 draft picks + RG3 and still be so awful. That reflects bad coaching--and probably a culture of failure.

Opintel

Moderators
Honestly----how sad that they can have 3 draft picks + RG3 and still be so awful. That reflects bad coaching--and probably a culture of failure.
Sounds to me that they have a handful of very good players, a few good ones, and then they go to crap. Plus, the coaching is definitely suspect. :ph34r:

Really.

cdsfrog

Texas I believe has more players in the NFL than anyone else. One year hardly qualifies as forever.

I was think more along the lines of having a top 5 recruiting class ever year save one yet losing the big 12 almost ever year.

5-7 was just icing on the cake. Hell without Vince young you would have 1 BCS bowl win in 9 years.

BeYou

Sounds to me that they have a handful of very good players, a few good ones, and then they go to crap. Plus, the coaching is definitely suspect. :ph34r:

Really.

This.

Mikail Baker was the 3rd Baylor player drafter. He was injured most of his college career but finally got healthy enough and did well in the Baylor pro day.

Definitely think a lot of it is coaching. Just not enough discipline.

2 first round picks. Equals our number of first round picks the last 41 years.

TCUFrogs

Williams was mainly a special teams player. His pro day and combine must have impressed the Patriots.

He played enough, obviously. NFL criteria is largley based on measurables too. Even great college players, on the playing field, who don't test well in shorts go later or undrafted. Just the way they project to the next level.

TCUFrogs

It is a cool thing for TCU to be the top program in Texas for this years draft. Maybe the media will pick that up and let it be known....

TCUdirtbag

It is a cool thing for TCU to be the top program in Texas for this years draft. Maybe the media will pick that up and let it be known....

After going 13-0 with a really "old" team, it wouldn't come as a shock to most that we had the best draft. I think everyone already knows who the best team in Texas was last year. The real story is the comparison between the player's "ranking" from their first day on campus and their last.