• The KillerFrogs

Most Disappointing Season

Which TCU team had the most disappointing 2010-11?

• Men's basketball

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • Women's basketball

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Baseball

Votes: 50 60.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

halfwaytoheaven

I vote women's basketball. This should have been the best team in school history, even better than Sandora's teams. It wasn't. It wasn't even the best team in the past four years. This team had every key player back and was significantly worse. Without a doubt, Mittie's worst job yet.

I really thought more people would vote for that one. To have that talented of a team and not come away with at least a conference title? Bummer. And I know it's hard to hope for much from the men's team, but I at least expected them to be better than the year before. And after they started 7-2 I actually let myself get a bit carried away.

MTfrog5

I don't understand all the votes for baseball. We will never know how good this team would have been if the top 3 starters were not hurt. Injuries happen but normally not your top four starters. Texas stayed healthy and got by not hitting for power all year. We all knew somebody would have to step up in the middle of the lineup, but nobody did. Womens basketball had all 5 starters back and under-performed more than anybody imo.

Endless Purple

Baseball was high on this list, but I actually lowered my expectations when given the #1 vote early. superstitious I know.

I voted other for track (specifically men's). Based on my perceptions from many years of successful sprinters. I was very disappointed in seeing the lack of TCU representation at the NCAAs regardless of circumstances.

tcumaniac

I don't understand all the votes for baseball. We will never know how good this team would have been if the top 3 starters were not hurt. Injuries happen but normally not your top four starters. Texas stayed healthy and got by not hitting for power all year. We all knew somebody would have to step up in the middle of the lineup, but nobody did. Womens basketball had all 5 starters back and under-performed more than anybody imo.

hmmmmm.. maybe that's why it's disappointing.

MTfrog5

hmmmmm.. maybe that's why it's disappointing.

Why? Cause we were still able to host a regional even though 2 out of 3 starters were hurt most of the year and the last ended up getting hurt too? I think it was a pretty good season considering how fast the freshmen had to grow while a bulls eye was still on there back.

PurpleBlood87

Sorry can't blame the baseball team when someone ranked them No. 1. That top ranking was crazy to me considering the loss of Holaday, Curry and not have a true closer with Caleb Merck out for the season.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Baseball based on what we had coming back. Injuries and apparent lack of team leadership. Losing the MWC tourney to UNM which had just clobbered then to lose our home regional, when we would have hosted the super next, yes that was the most disappointing for me. The OP didn't ask for the worst, but the most disappointing.