• The KillerFrogs

Morris wearing Daltons Number?

PurpleBlood87

We have three No. 9's.

I always find it strange when you have two players with the same last name they add the first initial of the first name on the jersey.

Doesn't the number tell you they are different players?

CountryFrog

I love Dalton and obviously he was a great player for us and winning the Rose Bowl was huge. BUT he was never an All-American or even a finalist for any national awards. If we're going to retire (or honor) his number then there are probably a dozen or so other guys that we need to do the same for first.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I love Dalton and obviously he was a great player for us and winning the Rose Bowl was huge. BUT he was never an All-American or even a finalist for any national awards. If we're going to retire (or honor) his number then there are probably a dozen or so other guys that we need to do the same for first.
He should have won the O'Brien Award, but the Voters had all become ESPN "personalities" so they gave it to $cam instead.

Zubaz

IIRC he finished 2nd.
I think you're mixing him up with Boykin, who finished runner up to Mariota in 2014. Dalton wasn't a finalist in either of his undefeated regular seasons. Colt McCoy won in 2009 (Keenum and Tebow the other finalists), Cam won in 2010 (Luck and Moore the other finalists).