• The KillerFrogs

More Scaffolding in North Endzone

TCUdirtbag

Yep! They are going to be the same size of our old videoboard

Video board in SE corner only. Some renderings show a board on both sides, but CDC's comments have clarified that there will only be one video board in the SEZ, in the SE corner. It makes sense, as a board in the SW corner would block the view from the old Justin/Walsh patios.

SuperToad

Video board in SE corner only. Some renderings show a board on both sides, but CDC's comments have clarified that there will only be one video board in the SEZ, in the SE corner. It makes sense, as a board in the SW corner would block the view from the old Justin/Walsh patios.

It pretty much completely faces the West side, so you cant see it from the East side. I've heard the SE board will be done this season, then the SW board will be done when the East side goes up

TCUdirtbag

if you go to gofrogs.com you'll see the newer rendering on the scrolling ads that are about half way down the page. You'll notice no towers in the north endzone facility. Those same renderings were also the ones on display at ACS this past fall. Also, if anyone has one of those purple cups they were using at the Rose Bowl celebration it shows the newer rendering as well. Not sure why the stadium website and physical plant website can't get things updated.

The more accurate/recent renderings can be found:

Slide 13 here: http://grfx.cstv.com.../StadiumPPT.pdf
(Also, if you scroll further down you'll see it again in the seating section, as well as the removal of a video board form the SW corner renderings)

And, more roughly, here: http://www.stadium.t...du/timeline.asp

SnoSki

The more accurate/recent renderings can be found:

Slide 13 here: http://grfx.cstv.com.../StadiumPPT.pdf
(Also, if you scroll further down you'll see it again in the seating section, as well as the removal of a video board form the SW corner renderings)

And, more roughly, here: http://www.stadium.t...du/timeline.asp

Thanks for the tips, and good observations. Here's the rendering that shows no towers in N EZ.

wbzbx4.jpg

I sure hope that the east side, when renovated, gets some more height to it. JMO but I think it would look kind of odd if the east side wasn't at least somewhat taller than it is currently. I know there's not really the demand to make it larger in capacity... it's just that such a drastic difference in symmetry is very noticeable..

I'm going to be very interested to see the renderings.

SnoSki

I'm just saying, but on the webcam today there was already one "tower" up, and another in progress on the north endzone.

Those are directly under each corner of the new scoreboard, which was explained in another thread to be housing for electrical components. The towers in the old renderings were more on the corners of the party patio

AEAfrog

Would you prefer to have the towers or not? I personally think they would add to the "Camden Yards" look

Not really up for debate at this point. The design being implemented doesn't allow for their construction. Beyond that, there's really no point.

AEAfrog

I sure hope that the east side, when renovated, gets some more height to it. JMO but I think it would look kind of odd if the east side wasn't at least somewhat taller than it is currently. I know there's not really the demand to make it larger in capacity... it's just that such a drastic difference in symmetry is very noticeable..

I'm going to be very interested to see the renderings.

If they split the lower deck like the west side (where there's really three visible decks with the way it is split up), it will be a little taller. The concourses that allow you to see the field would require the rest of the seats to be at least a little higher. Of course, they could just eliminate those rows. The real question is how the east side will be set up to be "expansion ready." You can't just replicate what currently exists if an upper deck is to be seamlessly added on.

back_in_black

Moderators
Would you prefer to have the towers or not? I personally think they would add to the "Camden Yards" look

As long as they are building that tower in the northwest corner the way it shows in the project timeline I think they'll achieve that Camden Yards look. It really gives the stadium an identity. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another one on the northeast side when the additional renderings come out.

SuperToad

As long as they are building that tower in the northwest corner the way it shows in the project timeline I think they'll achieve that Camden Yards look. It really gives the stadium an identity. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another one on the northeast side when the additional renderings come out.

Good point. I wish we knew when the renderings will be out