• The KillerFrogs

Mike and Mike are officially breaking up

Portland Frog

Interesting. I don't happen to listen to ESPN radio, but Golic's son appears to have a role in the new show.

From the article:
Golic stated, “With Mike & Mike ending later this year, I am looking forward to the opportunity to begin the next chapter of the ESPN morning show with Trey and my son Mike. Both men will bring new and interesting voices to our morning conversations and help to create a fresh fun show for our audience."

MAcFroggy

I do not think they are as bad as a lot of people seem to think they are, however, I hate that they have to play into the ESPN identity. They have great chemistry but the constant fat jokes and nerd jokes are so old and boring. ESPN forces the same thing onto all personnel:

1. Create controversy on one platform
2. Talk about controversy non-stop for two days across all platforms
3. Rinse and repeat

With that being said, I hardly ever listen to Mike and Mike. I doubt any changes they make will change my mind. I pretty much listen to the ticket exclusively and the fan while the ticket is on commercial breaks. If both of those are on commercial break, then I will listen to ESPN radio here in Dallas. The only good product that 103.3 ESPN Radio puts out in Dallas is the Mavericks radio broadcasts (pre and post game as well). I think those are even operated by the the mavericks organization.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I do not think they are as bad as a lot of people seem to think they are, however, I hate that they have to play into the ESPN identity. They have great chemistry but the constant fat jokes and nerd jokes are so old and boring. ESPN forces the same thing onto all personnel:

1. Create controversy on one platform
2. Talk about controversy non-stop for two days across all platforms
3. Rinse and repeat

With that being said, I hardly ever listen to Mike and Mike. I doubt any changes they make will change my mind. I pretty much listen to the ticket exclusively and the fan while the ticket is on commercial breaks. If both of those are on commercial break, then I will listen to ESPN radio here in Dallas. The only good product that 103.3 ESPN Radio puts out in Dallas is the Mavericks radio broadcasts (pre and post game as well). I think those are even operated by the the mavericks organization.
Man, I'd rather listen to The Ticket's commercials than The Fan.

MAcFroggy

Man, I'd rather listen to The Ticket's commercials than The Fan.

I actually generally listen to Ticket commercials, but the fan is now the home of the Rangers. They do a pretty good job of talking rangers and the pregame is produced by the Rangers organization. Those few things get me to click over to at least check in on what they are talking about.

f_399

As much as we hate espn, we can't just stop watching them.

They cover so many sports events that I like watching.

It would be nice if they can evenly distribute coverage throughout the other networks.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I actually generally listen to Ticket commercials, but the fan is now the home of the Rangers. They do a pretty good job of talking rangers and the pregame is produced by the Rangers organization. Those few things get me to click over to at least check in on what they are talking about.
Well yeah, I don't mind tuning in for Rangers because they're just the carrier and it's not real Fan content, which is really crappy.

Wexahu

I'm not going to miss M&M, I thought they were about as boring as sports talk radio can be. I want to hear either a) good sports analysis or b) funny stuff that's actually funny (and probably not politically correct). M&M never gave much of either, it was mostly overly corporate un-entertaining ESPN crap.

Most of the shows on the Fan are totally unlistenable to me. They're just awful.

I probably listen to the Ticket shows for 95% of my sports talk radio.

Latest posts