• The KillerFrogs

Midland Reporter-Telegram: Scharbauer named chairman of TCU board of trustees

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
4dc4acd3403db.preview-300.jpg

Midland Reporter-Telegram: Scharbauer named chairman of TCU board of trustees

Staff Reports

Midlander Clarence Scharbauer III recently was appointed chairman of the TCU Board of Trustees.

Scharbauer, who graduated from TCU in 1973 with a bachelor's of business administration degree, has served as a trustee since 1990. ...

hindry

talent, tons of do-roh-me and a comprehensive rolodex. not necessarily in order of importance.

i have never researched it, and i don't want to upset any apple carts on a sports blog but..

any chance anyone on the board is like an academician?

Big Frog II

talent, tons of do-roh-me and a comprehensive rolodex. not necessarily in order of importance.

i have never researched it, and i don't want to upset any apple carts on a sports blog but..

any chance anyone on the board is like an academician?
Our board consists of people from all kinds of backgrounds. They are and have been doing a great job. I marvel at how TCU has changed over the last 20 years.

geno

How long does it take for news to get all the way out to Midland?? Clarence was elected to this post on April 8th!

froginaustin

Texas wasn't built with short stories.
Back in the good ole days, when TCU's charter or bylaws required a certain number of Board members be members of a DOC Church, I seem to remember that at least a few of those members were active or retired preachers.

Those folks are not likely to have much personal wealth, although some may be effective funds raisers I suppose.

Deep Purple

Back in the good ole days, when TCU's charter or bylaws required a certain number of Board members be members of a DOC Church, I seem to remember that at least a few of those members were active or retired preachers.

A certain number are still required to be members of the DOC church. It's just a lower number than it used to be. And "members of the DOC church" doesn't necessarily mean preachers.