• The KillerFrogs

Men's Hoops After Fort Worth Big Man for 2012?

Chad Rykhoek, the 6'9 Center from Fort Worth Christian is taking an unofficial visit to TCU today. Chad Ranks as the #15 player in the state per Texashoops.com who reports that Chad is a quick to the hole player with good post moves, good hands, and passing ability. He is a little on the thin side at 210, but keep in mind he is only a Junior.

Chad averaged 17 ppg 9 rebounds and 3 blocks in his junior campaign.

Not sure if we have offered at this point, but if you look at the top 20 or so players in the state from the Texashoops list, we are going after just about all of the ones from the Metroplex.

Joining the Big East is certainly opening a lot of doors to us locally that Christian had struggled to get through previously. Kyan Anderson is a great example of that and I hope that the trend continues.

Gunner

Been a Christian supporter all the way, but the deal with hiring on his arrival, was a huge mistake. It may have all happened too fast and he's correcting it, but it was damaging.

He has gotten after recruiting and is in the process of getting some coaches. So, the ship is realigned....

SnoSki

I have some newfound hope in CJC now that he got a few good recruits committed. Hope that trend continues. At the very least it'll help us get some recruits who'd rather be in the same league as the Big East schools and go 10-22 than be at a weak conference and always go 30-2 against bad teams.

Good players for the most part want to compete against other good players.

angelo's frog

Going to the Big East will be huge for recruiting. The MWC was a good basketball conference last year but had the reputation of being pretty mediocre overall. That combined with a lack of basketball tradition and a series of abysmal years made TCU a hard sell to recruits. However, we can now sell Texas players on being able to stay close to home and still compete in the best basketball league in the country. There are enough good players in the Metroplex and Houston to enable us to compete in the Big East. We just have to get them on campus and convince them that our basketball program can do what football and baseball have done. I think this year's recruiting class is a good start at that. Another thing we have going for us is that the kids see an opportunity for playing time. That's how Drew started building his program at Baylor.

mark32

Trust me when I say this, Chad can play. I used to coach against him. He is a skilled post, ie, he can shoot from outside, but also be physical in the post. He would be a nice addition for 2012.

tcumaniac

[quote name='angelo's frog' timestamp='1305142095' post='832856']
Going to the Big East will be huge for recruiting. The MWC was a good basketball conference last year but had the reputation of being pretty mediocre overall. That combined with a lack of basketball tradition and a series of abysmal years made TCU a hard sell to recruits. However, we can now sell Texas players on being able to stay close to home and still compete in the best basketball league in the country. There are enough good players in the Metroplex and Houston to enable us to compete in the Big East. We just have to get them on campus and convince them that our basketball program can do what football and baseball have done. I think this year's recruiting class is a good start at that. Another thing we have going for us is that the kids see an opportunity for playing time. That's how Drew started building his program at Baylor.
[/quote]

+1

I've about given up on our basketball program. Every year I get my hopes up and then have them quickly crushed. However, I think the Big East might give new life to this otherwise dead program. It doesn't take many people to turn around a basketball program. We just need a few top recruits that are intrigued by playing time and the oppurtunity to play in the best basketball conference in the nation to jump aboard and turn this thing around. There's no reason why we shouldn't be a top program with the amount of talent in the metroplex and the amount of gorgeous girls at tcu.

ReedFrawg

I hope we get things going, but I was excited about last year and expected to see improvements. What a let-down...I'll believe it when I see it (which means I will buy season tickets again).