• The KillerFrogs

Meet the Frogs 8/20

dmpinkstaff

Was informed today that the Meet the Frogs event on 8/20/11 may not be the same format as it has before due to construction issues.
Family of a player says there is not a plan for practice/walk through and fans/kids on the field after for fun with players. Only thing will be the autograph signing in DMC starting at noon.

My 8 yr old is bummed - he caught a TD pass from AD last year and wanted to get one from CP this year. My 3 yr old future cheerleader wants to go back on the field with the "rest" of the cheerleaders and get her picture taken and will be heartbroken when I break the news to her.

Hope this is not the case but have a feeling that construction will be going full tilt that close to the deadline and may prevent an event taking place. Let me know if the information I have been given is incorrect.

Go Frogs!

Trelvis

Its one year. Tell your kids they can do all that stuff again next year on a more awesome field in a way better stadium. Tell em it will be way better.

C.P. will still be here and the cheerleaders will still be around.

dmpinkstaff

Its one year. Tell your kids they can do all that stuff again next year on a more awesome field in a way better stadium. Tell em it will be way better.

Agree with you - just hard to explain that to a 3 y.o. female who already thinks she is a TCU cheerleader.
Just wanted to pass on info to others with kids that like to do the event that it may not be the same this year.

Go Frogs!1.JPG

Deep Purple

Agree with you - just hard to explain that to a 3 y.o. female who already thinks she is a TCU cheerleader.
Just wanted to pass on info to others with kids that like to do the event that it may not be the same this year.

Go Frogs!View attachment 1519

Wow. What a cute kid. Sugar and spice and everything nice. She really is a TCU Cheerleader.

Save and treasure that pic, Frog Doc. I can tell you from bittersweet experience, they're gone before you know it.

McFroggin

You don't have kids do you? For a 3 year old, a year is a lifetime.

Stiff Arm Frog

That's too bad. If it were me, I'd have the practice and cheerleading inside Sammy Baugh, and move the autograph session into DMC.

Oh well.

UnderToad

That's too bad. If it were me, I'd have the practice and cheerleading inside Sammy Baugh, and move the autograph session into DMC.

This.

As far as the kids go, there was nothing done on the field last year that couldn't be done inside the practice facility this year. Great idea.

tcumaniac

Wow. What a cute kid. Sugar and spice and everything nice. She really is a TCU Cheerleader.

Save and treasure that pic, Frog Doc. I can tell you from bittersweet experience, they're gone before you know it.

I remember when my little sister was a cute little tcu cheerleader. Then she turned 16 and became an absolute brat that PMSes on a regular basis. Enjoy it while it lasts.