• The KillerFrogs

MBB @ Baylol

Wexahu

Back to back road wins in this conference is a damn near miracle.
Was going to maybe start a new thread about this, and I hate hyperbole, but I honestly think this might be the deepest, best college basketball league ever. Relatively speaking as I know generally teams aren’t as good as they were 20-30 years ago with all the early departures.

Maybe the ACC might have something to say about that back in the 80’s and 90’s, I don’t know, the game has changed so much, but you look at the schedule and there are just no breaks. And Arizona should offset UT and OU next year.

FrogPreacher

Question and a comment.
Question. With as long as this game went on and as many minutes as some players were on the court, why not put Lundblade in the game for at least a few minutes? He is on scholarship, is he not capable of at least putting in a little time on court?
We had gone out of town for an overnight to the Twin Cities to pick up some auction items. Stopped in the town of Albert Lea on the way back to grab a bite to eat. Was keeping track of the score on the Riff Ram app while we were eating and once we got through and in the car I started listening to the game.
With all the starting and stopping and overtime, we drove from Albert Lea (10 miles or so across the state line from Iowa) to Boone (about 20 miles from home(needed a pit stop!)) . Game was in the 3rd OT when we stopped and headed out again to get home. Game over, listened to post game the rest of the way home to Jefferson. So basically 156 miles driven to hear one half of a game!*L*

y2kFrog

Question and a comment.
Question. With as long as this game went on and as many minutes as some players were on the court, why not put Lundblade in the game for at least a few minutes? He is on scholarship, is he not capable of at least putting in a little time on court?
We had gone out of town for an overnight to the Twin Cities to pick up some auction items. Stopped in the town of Albert Lea on the way back to grab a bite to eat. Was keeping track of the score on the Riff Ram app while we were eating and once we got through and in the car I started listening to the game.
With all the starting and stopping and overtime, we drove from Albert Lea (10 miles or so across the state line from Iowa) to Boone (about 20 miles from home(needed a pit stop!)) . Game was in the 3rd OT when we stopped and headed out again to get home. Game over, listened to post game the rest of the way home to Jefferson. So basically 156 miles driven to hear one half of a game!*L*

Baylor had 5 guys play over 40 minutes versus only 2 for us and I think we were more fresh in the last few minutes and allowed us to come back and pull out the win. As for Lundblade, he was hurt the last time I checked.

FrogPreacher

Baylor had 5 guys play over 40 minutes versus only 2 for us and I think we were more fresh in the last few minutes and allowed us to come back and pull out the win. As for Lundblade, he was hurt the last time I checked.
Thanks for the update. Was wondering why he hasn't seen any game time since November.

FroginBedford68

They like their coach, and even better when wet.

View attachment 15621

View attachment 15621

View attachment 15621

Did I hear boos from the crowd at the end of the game?

View attachment 15621

Did I hear boos from the crowd at the end of the game?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Was going to maybe start a new thread about this, and I hate hyperbole, but I honestly think this might be the deepest, best college basketball league ever. Relatively speaking as I know generally teams aren’t as good as they were 20-30 years ago with all the early departures.

Maybe the ACC might have something to say about that back in the 80’s and 90’s, I don’t know, the game has changed so much, but you look at the schedule and there are just no breaks. And Arizona should offset UT and OU next year.
I dont recall ACC being top-to-bottom this dangerous road and home. Every B12 team is capable of winning any given night. Kansas, OU and Baylor each lost today, which you could classify as quality losses. The quality is recognized by teams not getting overly dropped in the rankings after a loss. Baylor will likely see a good drop though after three straight losses, though each one tough and close.

Chongo94

I think the thing I like most about this team is you can really tell that they enjoy playing for CJD and he enjoys coaching them as well. Seems amazing how he was able to freshen up the atmosphere of the locker room after the debacle that was it just what, 2-3 years ago…?

PurpleBlood87

Lundblade hasn't suited out in a while and Mostafa wasn't available today. That added to the extra minutes for Coles.

It's a miracle no one fouled out.

Latest posts