• The KillerFrogs

May not amount to anything, but.........

Limey Frog

This is just flat out untrue. Sorry you perceived it that way. As for the OU situation, I think it was very dumb for Boren to take a public stance like he did. OU looks very bad right now. As I've pointed out numerous times here, I probably have a deeper connection to TCU football than 90% of the posters on this board. I wish I could change my handle so that I am not viewed around here as a Sooner troll. I think I'll start a new account. Some of you guys are too freakin' sensitive.

If that's not how you meant what you wrote then I'm sorry for responding with undue hostility.

As for being sensitive, that's perfectly true. I feel very sensitive right now regarding all this mess. I love college athletics, and particularly football. It's my favorite sport to watch. I read about it all year and look forward to TCU's games. It is a cherished passtime for me and all the members of this board. TCU has a great program. We won the 2011 Rose Bowl. Our guys can line up and play with anyone. And when we line up and lose, fair's fair. We can handle that. Go back and read my comments after the Baylor game. I had a great time in Waco. I wish we'd have won, but I had fun. I can handle losing. What I can't handle is not even getting a chance to play because a bunch of scum bags at other schools keep jobbing us. This week makes the fifth time in seventeen years that TCU has been in a conference which has lost its most prominent members to another league, destabilizing our situation through no fault of our own. All we do is pick up, move on, and keep winning ball games. And all we hear back is rubbish from fools talking about attendence, TV markets and blah blah blah...

Despite the fact that our average AP poll ranking over the last decade is top ten, we are powerless in all this nonsense. My cherished TCU Horned Frog football team might end up back in a league with New Mexico's fightin' High School football Lobos instead the WVU Mountaineers and Pitt. Yes, I'm pretty danged sensitive about all this--because it sucks, I'm sick of it, and our guys deserve and have earned better. But this isn't about what our guys earn on the field. You don't get what your work deserves in this life. You only get what your money can buy. That's the lesson the NCAA is teaching these "student atheletes". Put OU in that situation, then ask yourself how you'd feel.

Baja Frog

If that's not how you meant what you wrote then I'm sorry for responding with undue hostility.

As for being sensitive, that's perfectly true. I feel very sensitive right now regarding all this mess. I love college athletics, and particularly football. It's my favorite sport to watch. I read about it all year and look forward to TCU's games. It is a cherished passtime for me and all the members of this board. TCU has a great program. We won the 2011 Rose Bowl. Our guys can line up and play with anyone. And when we line up and lose, fair's fair. We can handle that. Go back and read my comments after the Baylor game. I had a great time in Waco. I wish we'd have won, but I had fun. I can handle losing. What I can't handle is not even getting a chance to play because a bunch of scum bags at other schools keep jobbing us. This week makes the fifth time in seventeen years that TCU has been in a conference which has lost its most prominent members to another league, destabilizing our situation through no fault of our own. All we do is pick up, move on, and keep winning ball games. And all we hear back is rubbish from fools talking about attendence, TV markets and blah blah blah...

Despite the fact that our average AP poll ranking over the last decade is top ten, we are powerless in all this nonsense. My cherished TCU Horned Frog football team might end up back in a league with New Mexico's fightin' High School football Lobos instead the WVU Mountaineers and Pitt. Yes, I'm pretty danged sensitive about all this--because it sucks, I'm sick of it, and our guys deserve and have earned better. But this isn't about what our guys earn on the field. You don't get what your work deserves in this life. You only get what your money can buy. That's the lesson the NCAA is teaching these "student atheletes". Put OU in that situation, then ask yourself how you'd feel.

+1,000

Pharm Frog

I'm shocked at the people who don't understand why the Big 12 is now a better option.

Pardon me for not being fully on-board the bandwagon yet but I'd like to see what concessions can be forced out of Bevo before I throw my full weight on the wagon. Note: Be prepared to add an extra Clydesdale or two to the team when I do. I'm not so certain from what I'm hearing and reading right now that all of the "current" members of the Big 12 are certain that it's their best option...

Virginia Frog

Damn Cuse and Pitt changed all that.. The fact that ACC has two open spots (for now) does not bode well for Big East.

We want autobid period.
I just don't see the ACC going up to 16 given the fact that they jumped the gun slightly by adding Pitt & Cuse.

The ACC really has limited options if they want to remain geographic/contiguous while adding states/markets.

There's UConn, & Rutgers. Those two add a greater NYC presence and Rutgers adds a slight Philly presence in S Jersey suburbs (faily substantial.) UConn brings a greater New England component not only in CT but in Mass (school is in the Hartford, CT/Springfield, MA market). But together they really don't bring a substantial amount in markets and lowers the football IQ of the ACC. Adding Pitt, Cuse, Rutgers and UConn is football medeocracy galore. Yes, it adds to the ACC basketball fortunes, but the football-first schools (FSU, VT, Clemson & Miami) won't be happy. The ACC then would be "full" and likely couldn't participate if other more football viral schools became available.

The only real ACC option for football strength is WVU... and the Presidents would have to hold noses due to WVU's low academic standing - they would be #16 by far in the ACC in academics.

(Louisville and/or Cinci could fit - contiguous states - but suffer from the same problems as Uconn & Rutgers as basketball-first schools and marginal to good fb programs - Louisville is the better option of the two with their big time basketball capabilities.)

Given what seems to be the conference raiding pecking order of the SEC, PAC, BTEN then ACC in that order, then any ACC raid of another school must come from the BEast or CUSA - unless they want to dramatically alter their geography and go non-contiguous - Missouri and Kansas (who may have a political problem spliting with little bro KSU.) I don't think they want to do THAT.

There is no compelling reason NOW (post Pac-12 decision) to go any further. They'll STAY at 14. 14 does create a North-South split problem since they may have to split the NoCarolina schools 3-1 South to North. - Who's the odd man out - Wake Forest, I best (closest school to VT).

There is the extreme long shot that Pitt and Cuse may reverse themselves. The Cuse BB coach has said they would be better remaining in the BE. If Pitt can be ASSURED by WVU that they WON'T go ANYWHERE without THEM in the next 15 years or so, these schools can use the 27 month contractual constraint on leaving the BE as a face-saving EXCUSE not to go ACC.

The ACC management now may view their action of expansion as premature and unwise. It could reverse...not likely but possible I believe.

I think the BE is OK as far as the auto BCS slot is concerned and that is TCU's major focus.

cdsfrog

I just don't see the ACC going up to 16 given the fact that they jumped the gun slightly by adding Pitt & Cuse.

The ACC really has limited options if they want to remain geographic/contiguous while adding states/markets.

There's UConn, & Rutgers. Those two add a greater NYC presence and Rutgers adds a slight Philly presence in S Jersey suburbs (faily substantial.) UConn brings a greater New England component not only in CT but in Mass (school is in the Hartford, CT/Springfield, MA market). But together they really don't bring a substantial amount in markets and lowers the football IQ of the ACC. Adding Pitt, Cuse, Rutgers and UConn is football medeocracy galore. Yes, it adds to the ACC basketball fortunes, but the football-first schools (FSU, VT, Clemson & Miami) won't be happy. The ACC then would be "full" and likely couldn't participate if other more football viral schools became available.

The only real ACC option for football strength is WVU... and the Presidents would have to hold noses due to WVU's low academic standing - they would be #16 by far in the ACC in academics.

(Louisville and/or Cinci could fit - contiguous states - but suffer from the same problems as Uconn & Rutgers as basketball-first schools and marginal to good fb programs - Louisville is the better option of the two with their big time basketball capabilities.)

Given what seems to be the conference raiding pecking order of the SEC, PAC, BTEN then ACC in that order, then any ACC raid of another school must come from the BEast or CUSA - unless they want to dramatically alter their geography and go non-contiguous - Missouri and Kansas (who may have a political problem spliting with little bro KSU.) I don't think they want to do THAT.

There is no compelling reason NOW (post Pac-12 decision) to go any further. They'll STAY at 14. 14 does create a North-South split problem since they may have to split the NoCarolina schools 3-1 South to North. - Who's the odd man out - Wake Forest, I best (closest school to VT).

There is the extreme long shot that Pitt and Cuse may reverse themselves. The Cuse BB coach has said they would be better remaining in the BE. If Pitt can be ASSURED by WVU that they WON'T go ANYWHERE without THEM in the next 15 years or so, these schools can use the 27 month contractual constraint on leaving the BE as a face-saving EXCUSE not to go ACC.

The ACC management now may view their action of expansion as premature and unwise. It could reverse...not likely but possible I believe.

I think the BE is OK as far as the auto BCS slot is concerned and that is TCU's major focus.

AQ status would be gone after 2013. Hence why if the Big 12 is a possibility it would be a no brainer

Plus let's be realistic, the $$ is better, competition is better, and its a lot easier to see the games and travel if one wants to.

I agree on the ACC. Even if the contract is renegotiated a bit, they would take a big hit with 16 teams and have all sorts of logistical problems. 7-7 works. 8-8 does not

tetonfrog

AQ status would be gone after 2013. Hence why if the Big 12 is a possibility it would be a no brainer

Plus let's be realistic, the $$ is better, competition is better, and its a lot easier to see the games and travel if one wants to.

How is the next AQ bid going to be decided? I have heard so many predictions of conference shakeups and this is the deciding factor. Why is the Big East going to lose its AQ bid? Who is going to take it? The MWC? Then, why are we leaving now? Also, don't forget TCU will win the Big East in 2012 and win its BCS Bowl game. Does Boise' wins count for the MWC?

I understand why we want the Big 12 - the location of the league, the money, the AQ bid, etc. We also believe the Big East is going to break up before the Big 12 does. Why not a simple solution to that problem: make each Big East team commit to 10 years and put a $20 million buyout clause. Schools must sign by Nov. 1 or leave when 'Cuse and Pitt do. Then add Navy, Army and Air Force (football only) to go to 10 and even a combo of UH, UCF or Memphis to make 12. Put all the service academies' games on the Armed Forces network and we would be the only conference with a global league. That is a nice TV deal.

Or we can trust in Bevo and get (I'm going to get Banned if I do not EDIT this Immediately)ed again.

TCUSA

The only way the Big12 works is if the EIGHT OTHER SCHOOLS (or nine or ten or whatever it ends up with) grow the balls to tell Texas/Dodds to take it or leave it. Tell them they don't rule the Big12, have ONE VOTE, and if they don't like what's going on, they can go screw themselves. Dodds is scared to death of us because he knows he could never pull off what TCU has done. He's sat on a throne of television dollars, surrounded by hundreds of thousands of UT alumni sycophants telling him what a world power UT athletics is, and believes it. The idea that a small private school with 10k in enrollment, without dozens of satellite campuses, without access to billions of taxpayer dollars and paying 100% of our own way, on and off the field, could possibly achieve what he has makes him feel like his dick is about an inch long in comparison. IF the rest of the Big12 overrules him and invites us, then it will be the best thing for us AND the Big12. Because it will mean they have slain the dragon that is Dodds/UT and have given us ALL a fighting chance.