• The KillerFrogs

Mavs are Champs!

weklfrog

259867_10150340174245031_591555030_10131254_6043384_n.jpg

Limp Lizard

2011... the year TCU wins the Rose Bowl and the Mavs win the NBA championship. Greatest sports year of my life.
Both teams were said to be outclassed, playing a much better team, no contest. And both won!

BTW, I wonder what the odds were for the Mavs to win it all before the season started. And at what odds did the books have the championship series?

mrhornedfrog

Congrats mavs fans. I was very surprised and impressed of how they played as a team.

I know we had more talent and ability and we will be back for the next several years probably playing the Thunder.

mtmedlin

The Mavs played like champs. Even though Dirk didnt have the greatest night, he was drawing defenders to him and help keep others open. Just the threat of him getting hot was a real assist to the entire team....was suprised by Cuban. I like the guy (wish he could have bought my Cubs) but classy was not a word that many associated with him!

cdsfrog

Both teams were said to be outclassed, playing a much better team, no contest. And both won!

BTW, I wonder what the odds were for the Mavs to win it all before the season started. And at what odds did the books have the championship series?

here you are sir. To start 14-1, at one point 22-1 to win it all

http://www.basketballpowers.com/teams/dallas-mavericks-odds.asp

2314@work

Contributor
I cant believe it. Just got home. What an amazing feeling. So surreal. I cant believe the Mavs are NBA Champions.
And just think, Houston Frog was cheering for those scum Heat. I am glad he is miserable. Were you Spurs fans also cheering for Heat? Be honest.
Mavs just saved the sports world.
Fraud 3 wanted to win a title the easy way and it just didn't happen. Team concept over all-star concept. Championbships aren't easy. This isn't a street ball pickup game.

Frog DJ

Congratulations to the Mavs. As Magic said on ESPN last night, "10 guys beat 3 guys."

The Team Concept wins the day, again.

I'd also like to send out a special salute to ecto and his wife - Mavs fans through and through. I know you guys are happy today.

Go Frogs!

YA

I know we had more talent and ability and we will be back for the next several years probably playing the Thunder.
Just keep telling yourself this and maybe someday it might come true. Until then you can take your heat with all the talent/ability and get behind your NBA Champs Dallas Mavericks!!

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being

That the Heat will be a contender for several years is a given. Hard not to be with that 3-some.

That they had more talent and ability than the Mavs is not. 3 stars and a collection of mismatched journeymen do not a champion make. I suspect Pat Riley already knew that, but once he signed James and Bosh he had very little choice. And depending on the CBA coming up, it may not be any easier for him to fill in the holes in the future than it was in the present.

2314@work

Contributor
That the Heat will be a contender for several years is a given. Hard not to be with that 3-some.

That they had more talent and ability than the Mavs is not. 3 stars and a collection of mismatched journeymen do not a champion make. I suspect Pat Riley already knew that, but once he signed James and Bosh he had very little choice. And depending on the CBA coming up, it may not be any easier for him to fill in the holes in the future than it was in the present.
Maybe in the weak East.
They have no point guard, no direction and no coach.
Really, not having a true point guard cost them this series.

jake102

LeBron and Wade need to start working on Howard. Find a way to get rid of Bosh...

Possibly pick up Chris Paul also, he wants to win a championship badly.

cdsfrog

I want to the mavericks to get chris paul. My gut feeling says he goes to New York for a max contract...whatever that $$ is next year