• The KillerFrogs

Matt Campbell

Froggish

Napier and Campbell are very much cut from the same mold. Both would win no matter the brand on the jersey because they care about how all the ingredients come together more than the ingredients themselves. TCU can win with Dykes as well but the ingredients are going to matter.

CountryFrog

I met some Iowa St fans on Twitter today and they are saltyyyyyy.

They apparently think Iowa St is better than TCU, which is pretty astounding since Iowa State has never won 10 games since they started playing football in their 126 year existence, and they live in the middle of nowhere.
Of course they think that. They're Iowa St fans. Why would they think otherwise? It would be weird if they did.

StealthFrog

I met some Iowa St fans on Twitter today and they are saltyyyyyy.

They apparently think Iowa St is better than TCU, which is pretty astounding since Iowa State has never won 10 games since they started playing football in their 126 year existence, and they live in the middle of nowhere.
Their list of historical achievements are the following:

A desired coach who has overachieved for three seasons while some how underachieving at the same time

hiphopfroggy

Happy Super Bowl GIF by Frito-Lay

FrogCoach84

I would love Campbell to lead the Frogs. I think Iowa State fans (much like TCU fans for so many years) are absolutely right to laugh off every fanbase that thinks they are going to steal MC away every year. He's absolutely NOT leaving...until he does. For TCU and GP it was 21 years before the leaving actually happened...and it didn't happen the way TCU fans (retiring with glory) or outsiders (leave lil' ole TCU for the big time) thought it would go down for so many years.

I do think both Iowa State and TCU fans alike are being too dismissive of the idea that MC would consider TCU. MC has turned Iowa State into a solid program...which at Iowa State means 7-9 wins.

TCU has a better history as a football program than Iowa State. TCU has done more in the Big 12 in 9 years than Iowa State has in 25. The TCU HC position is a better job than the Iowa State job.

You can say no way MC is coming to TCU...and I won't even argue with you. But don't try and argue that TCU would somehow be a step down from mighty Iowa State. And in the unlikely scenario that MC did finally decide to pull the rip cord and leave Iowa State with TCU being the landing spot....don't let your jaws hit the floor because this is an incredibly desirable job for a long list of reasons and in a vacuum the TCU job is 100% a better job than the one in Ames

Congrats to the Cyclones on curb stomping the short horns and I hope you do the same to OU in a couple of weeks!

4 Oaks Frog

If we can get Campbell, we should sign him now. Much better than Napier, Prime Time (for God’s sake…STUPID) and Dikes. Campbell is a winner, and we need a winner. Fort Worth is a prime location for anyone we could want. We need to think much bigger than what it sounds. Get you sights up, Frogs! Top prospects will never say yes, unless you freakin’ ask them. If we think we can’t , we won’t. If we think we can, we will. We can, We will.
Get in the deep water frogs!!!
GO FROGS!
BEAT OK LITE!
Spit Blood~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

Prime BEEF

It looks like that, but this is just classic Campbell speak. He’s given this same exact answer for four years now, for any opening from the Detroit Lions to the Florida State Seminoles.
I would be shocked if Matt Campbell is still at ISU next year. College football has changed with realignment and NIL. Those changes plus all of the starters he’s losing will speed up his exit. He could go to MSU, penn st, or tOSU if those open up…or yes possibly go to TCU. Doubt he stays at ISU

Limey Frog

Napier and Campbell are very much cut from the same mold. Both would win no matter the brand on the jersey because they care about how all the ingredients come together more than the ingredients themselves.

I don't know whether this is true or not, but I suspect it is on Napier's performance to date as a head coach. If we could be certain all other things were equal, I'd prefer the guy with a solid connection to Louisiana--that being the only really important state to TCU recruiting other than Texas.