• The KillerFrogs

Mark Mangino

bsquared63

A guy that works for me played at Oklahoma Panhandle State University and his coach was way fatter than Mangino.  He had to leave thirty minutes before the game to get to the press box for a game.  He watched practice from his truck.  He was morbidly obese.  He ended up dying because he fell in his house and got stuck in the door to the bathroom.  They didn't get him out in time.  It is a completely true story.  Sad but avoidable.

HG73

traderfrog said:
If anyone wants to join me on starting a buffet in Ames let me know. This seems like a pretty foolproof venture.
Foolproof unless Mangino hears about it.  He would bankrupt you.  :)

MAcFroggy

This is actually a very good hire for ISU.  He is more familiar with the Big 12 than just about anybody.  Won a national championship as the OC at Oklahoma  and won an Orange Bowl as the Head coach at Kansas.  Freaking Kansas!  The season after he was let go, they immediately began to suck and that has not ended.  ISU faces the same talent issue that KU faces.

Mangino is another Youngstown guy, so he will probably try to get ISU to recruit more midwestern players from Ohio/Western PA. 

I think this is just about the best hire they could have made.