• The KillerFrogs

Mark Bezos and TCU NIL

hometown frog

That is not true on any social media platform. It is your job to sort it out and for. Your own opinion. But one can’t do that when one side is banned and censored.
Well if Alex jones is ‘on your side’ you might consider moving over a little bit….

Stats show twitter is full of Elongelical trolls and bots that spew RTs and spam relative to what it was under prior ownership. Really can’t argue that as fact. I’m guessing all to drive traffic metrics up somehow. Which is hilarious as that was one of his primary complaints when he tried to back out of the purchase.
The fact that the algorithms are amplifying neonazis and global conspiracy theories or anything Elon says has caused a large chunk of the as money to abandon ship and in a hurry. Free market factors will either drive him out of the company or drive him back to a more balanced influence on the site in order to protect the majority of his shareholders.

4 Oaks Frog

Just gonna point out that Twitter’s own studies show their algorithm promotes more conservative and right-leaning views/posts than left.

This is easily googled and fact-checked. But hey, who does that anymore, right?
Oh!..Google Fact Check. Now that is bastion of truth and accuracy…

tcudoc

Ummm didn’t say that, said it could be googled and fact-checked. Reading comprehension, it’s your friend.
Not trying to offend or be snarky, but I think the point that is confusing is the idea that, it was stated that Twitter is a mess and contains a large amount of incorrect information, which seems to be the chief complaint noted. Yet, the way you state that we can refute that it was a left wing propaganda tool is that Twitter did it's own internal research and found the opposite to be true. So, Twitter is full of lies, but when they tell us something about their own data set, we should take that as gospel because a google search will be able to tell us that they said it was fact. So, we should believe that. It feels like asking OJ if he killed Nicole and Ron. Everyone thinks he did, but he said he didn't, so end of story.
I just feel like it has always been a bit of a mess filled with disinformation. The problem seemed to be that they were previously censoring a lot of the conservatives on Twitter, but seemingly not doing the same to liberal users.
So, if I do not trust Twitter to be an honest source of information, telling me to google search Twitter's internal investigation into their algorithm will not offer reassurance or give further confidence in Twitter (because I would presume them to be liars if that is how I feel about their integrity). I believe that is a valid argument.

Chongo94

Not trying to offend or be snarky, but I think the point that is confusing is the idea that, it was stated that Twitter is a mess and contains a large amount of incorrect information, which seems to be the chief complaint noted. Yet, the way you state that we can refute that it was a left wing propaganda tool is that Twitter did it's own internal research and found the opposite to be true. So, Twitter is full of lies, but when they tell us something about their own data set, we should take that as gospel because a google search will be able to tell us that they said it was fact. So, we should believe that. It feels like asking OJ if he killed Nicole and Ron. Everyone thinks he did, but he said he didn't, so end of story.
I just feel like it has always been a bit of a mess filled with disinformation. The problem seemed to be that they were previously censoring a lot of the conservatives on Twitter, but seemingly not doing the same to liberal users.
So, if I do not trust Twitter to be an honest source of information, telling me to google search Twitter's internal investigation into their algorithm will not offer reassurance or give further confidence in Twitter (because I would presume them to be liars if that is how I feel about their integrity). I believe that is a valid argument.
I get your point but the main problem here is many seem to be confusingTwitter as an entity with all the other people on the entity. There is a difference.

The people on the entity promote all sorts of ridiculousness. While the entity allows that to happen, statistics as to which gets more play are easily verifiable and again different from the people promoting stupid stuff on the entity.

froginmn

I get your point but the main problem here is many seem to be confusingTwitter as an entity with all the other people on the entity. There is a difference.

The people on the entity promote all sorts of ridiculousness. While the entity allows that to happen, statistics as to which gets more play are easily verifiable and again different from the people promoting stupid stuff on the entity.
But didn't the entity previously work with/at the direction of the government to censor viewpoints that the government told them to censor?

tcudoc

I understand your argument. I guess you have more faith in the entity than I do. The fact that they collaborated with government officials to limit information as instructed makes me not trust the entity. All good, though and I understand your point better now. Cheers.

Chongo94

I understand your argument. I guess you have more faith in the entity than I do. The fact that they collaborated with government officials to limit information as instructed makes me not trust the entity. All good, though and I understand your point better now. Cheers.
Doc man, you’re one of my favorite posters so it’s all good. And no I don’t have faith in it, never have and never will. It and TikTok are dumbing down society in my opinion ha (along with a myriad of other social media things and things in general.)

tcudoc

Doc man, you’re one of my favorite posters so it’s all good. And no I don’t have faith in it, never have and never will. It and TikTok are dumbing down society in my opinion ha (along with a myriad of other social media things and things in general.)
Same and agree with you.

Latest posts