• The KillerFrogs

Marcel Brooks

He's on the roster. He wasn't listed as participating in the OU game.
Yeah, but .... To answer your question though, yes, he could be worse. Now whether he could have been used on a limited basis off the edge under obvious passing situations, it seems like he could have had a role there but for some reason made the move to offense so I guess that was not of interest to him to learn enough to do that.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
So judging by all the hype that was surrounding him when he transferred here, I just assumed the kid was an awesome player.

I just looked at his stats with LSU, he only played 6 games as a freshman. He had 8 tackles(2 solo and 6 assisted) and 1.5 sacks.

Why was there so much hype surrounding him when he got here? Was it just because he came from LSU and they had just won the NC?

TCUWIN

So judging by all the hype that was surrounding him when he transferred here, I just assumed the kid was an awesome player.

I just looked at his stats with LSU, he only played 6 games as a freshman. He had 8 tackles(2 solo and 6 assisted) and 1.5 sacks.

Why was there so much hype surrounding him when he got here? Was it just because he came from LSU and they had just won the NC?
Yes!

Wexahu

Probably because he was a 5-star recruit in the 2019 class. I think had we landed him out of HS he’d have been at the time the highest rated recruit in school history (obviously since recruit rankings became a thing).

TAINTed frog

I know it has been said he never grasped the defense but can he be any worse than the linebackers that are currently being used?
It seems a waste to just have him stand on the sideline.
[takes enormous bong rip] “Look, man…Gary’s defense is tough to learn. You gotta learn to strum it like a fine Fender….”

Gary doesn’t understand that his defense was amazingly effective for a few years. Now it’s dog [ Finebaum ]. Adapt or die.