• The KillerFrogs

Luken Baker injury info

Realtorfrog

Offense will be fine....., really hitting the ball well since the Tech fiasco.

Starting pitching has stepped it up as well...... it's the bullpen that has to improve. Lots of offense on this team but losing Baker is a big blow.....next man up!!!

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Lotta this in this thread. Wait for facts gentlemen.

tumblr_lvt2klDywe1qbrgydo1_500.png

Pharm Frog

Here's what we'll be missing from just the stat line perspective --

BA = .317
ABs = 161
Runs scored = 39
Hits = 51
2B = 8
3B = 1
HR = 8
RBI = 41
Slugging = .528
Walks = 40
OB% = .454
Fielding = .987

There's no one individual on this team that is capable of replacing that for any length of time IMO. So, it's gonna take a combination of increased performances. Barzilli and Merrill and Landestoy would be the most likely candidates to pull additional weight IMO. I'd like to say Watson but there's just something nagging me that he's not fully healthy on his right side. (I have precisely zero inside knowledge - just going on observations of ABs and fielding and comparing them to last season's video that I can find).

Pharm Frog

Because the recovery time would have him miss all of the 2018 season

Jumping to the assumption that we're seeing UCL which is still very much in doubt. While every recovery is individual dependent - I do not believe that the 2018 season is gone. There's a huge difference between throwing and non-throwing arm injuries when it comes to TJ. Unless I saw the play wrong, its his left arm that was impacted. And, just thought I'd leave this here (from Houston Methodist) and this involves throwing arm recovery.

Based on long-term studies of athletes over the years, the chances of a complete recovery after surgery are estimated at 85 to 90 percent. The process of rehabilitation to return to a level of playing equal to before the injury takes about a year for pitchers and about six months for position players.

Add to this that LB can DH like a mutha....and not have to do anything with an over-hand throw.

Zubaz

Why do you say this? Unless things have changed he isn't draft eligible until 2018.
As a Mets fan, I saw how long it took Zack Wheeler and Matt Harvey to recover (has Harvey ever recovered?) Granted those are pitchers and need their arms probably more directly. I'm thinking 12-18 months for Tommy John, which would be the entire 2018 season.

Play on and let the kid get well. This is the part of the game that sucks but still part of the game. This is still a good team with lots of talent. Besides, they have no choice but to play and so long as they play I'll support the team.