• The KillerFrogs

Lubbock Avalanche-Journal: Timing not right for Tech-TCU

Kaiser

yep, tech had tcu and another team nevada, who i think finished in the top 10 as well already on the schedule along with new mexico and some high school team, which game would you drop, especially seeing how they already have 5 top 25 teams on the schedule

Nevada loses everyone as well and you get them at home. So if you are looking to make your OOC as easy as possible ducking TCU was the way to go.

It's usually best to count where a team is ranked at the end of the season. Or else I guess we beat a Top 25 Oregon State and a Top 5 Utah last season to go along with Top 5 Wisconsin.
unsure.gif

I doubt we will see Tech again. TCU won't be any weaker than they are at the start of this season any time soon. Tommy T likes soft OOC schedules. Probably cost him a title shot at Auburn as well.

Dogfrog

yep, tech had tcu and another team nevada, who i think finished in the top 10 as well already on the schedule along with new mexico and some high school team, which game would you drop, especially seeing how they already have 5 top 25 teams on the schedule

Hey, Rod, you might as well go ahead and tattoo 12-3 on your forehead cause you're gonna have to live with it forever.

roddog

Banned
Nah, cause they aren't playing 5 top 25 teams. Just 3 actually.

Remember, you're dealing with GOOrod here.

and i have to deal again with someone that lacks the ability to count, there are 5 teams on espns pre season top 25 that tech has to play, tcu would have been 6

lets see how many tcu has, looks like a whopping 1, good thing boise joined the league

course you could have possibly played wisconsin, but del conte 86th that idea didnt he

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=6087284

failed to see any big east teams on the list as well!

Frog DJ

and i have to deal again with someone that lacks the ability to count, there are 5 teams on espns pre season top 25 that tech has to play, tcu would have been 6

lets see how many tcu has, looks like a whopping 1, good thing boise joined the league

course you could have possibly played wisconsin, but del conte 86th that idea didnt he

Yawn...

Go Frogs!

Frog89

http://sports.espn.g...mark&id=6087284

You guys better get to work over there. My dog has as many national championships, top 10 finishes and BCS appearances as Tech has in it's entire football history. And he just eats, poops and barks all day long... :biggrin:

njustus7

Tech fans don't want to see Nevada. Tommy T is a little baby and that is fact. Leach was never scared to play us.
Yeah but Leach was delusional. Tommy is a class act, he wants more time to get his guys a fighting chance. If he played this game and got blown out (a real possibility), it would likely have ended his college football career - cuz he knows Tech fans don't care about reality...

Endless Purple

Bring it back up when Tech schedules a double header on a weekend.

By the way, has ESPN even released their 2011 preseason rankings yet?