• The KillerFrogs

Looks like A&M

Young and Horned

QUOTE(TCUGuy @ Jun 10 2010, 07:38 PM) [snapback]574472[/snapback]
my balk on this PAC 16 thing. If i'm them I'm heading to the SEC and not thinking twice. Much better fit geographically, culturally, and while they might take a beating at first I think it will be great for their program in the long run. Not to mention it would be great for their recruiting. It would give Texas kids who want to play in the SEC an in-state option.

on the flip side it could open the door for the PAC 16 to take Utah if need be.

I disagree. A&M would still have high educational standards for the SEC. Vandy has high standards for the SEC and look at them.

micahjh

QUOTE(Get Your Frogs Up @ Jun 10 2010, 10:56 PM) [snapback]574638[/snapback]
Also, regarding Georgia Tech's status with the SEC, Georgia Tech left the SEC in the 60s and vied for re-admittance in the 70s, but they were denied largely because of UGA. I don't know how much of this animosity exists in today's world of college football and how it would translate to expansion, but it's the SEC so you never know.

sure enough. they dont call that game "clean old fashioned hate" for nothing. UGA dominates that state in a major way. Bulldog gear in every Walmart and Gas station in every pocket and holler in that State. GaTech is the urban semi commuter for out of state kids (stereotype) Dont think GaTech is part of the SECs thinking. VaTech on the other hand would probably be someone they would give a hard look. I am not so sure about FSU either. They are more likely than Miami for sure, but the Gator nation is mighty loud and proud these days, and what would they gain by adding FSU? But VaTech opens up the door to the northeast. If im the commish of the SEC I add VaTech and Tcu to get to 14, if Virginia wants to come along, then I would consider it, and if you could take OU from the west then that would be worth considering as well.

A&M might suite the SECs eyes, but I really dont think its something the aggies will want to do. There best move is probably to stay with UT, and Tech and vice versa. A&M could really languish in the SEC if they jumped right now. Without the Texas matchup getting the focus of the state (and the nation) the lose a whole bunch. Same goes for Tech. Everybody keeps acting like Texas is gonna order those two around, but really sticking together is in all of their best interest.