• The KillerFrogs

Looking ahead to next week and at Iowa State

Frog DJ

I did not live in a house with A/C until I was 15....I haven't yet overtaken those years of oscillating fans (blowing across ice cubes) and swamp coolers...and I"m almost 70....Electric bills be dammmed....
Yeah, we had nothing but “water coolers” until 1960 (I was 12), and when we moved to Wedgwood I thought I’d died and gone to heaven.

We still never had AC in school (until I started at TCU in the fall of 1966), and it was pretty miserable in September and May. Just open windows.

Plus, school rules specified boys must wear long pants, so stiff, new blue jeans were the uniform every fall. I break out in a sweat just thinking about it!

I can clearly recall my mother saying, “I don’t know what everybody thought was so great about the ‘good ol’ days.’ I like air conditioning!”

However, I’ll admit I can get more easily chilled on my old age (71 in a few weeks).

Go Frogs!

ThisIsOurTime

I feet like ISU dares SC to run the ball, especially in the red zone.

When we visited Ames last time, Kenny Hill really struggled because they played the pass. If I remember right, they played the 3-3 D set and dropped 8 men into coverage while mixing up blitzes. DA ran for 95 yards on 12 carries and Hicks ran for 80 yards on 12 carries. Hill was 12-25 for 135 with two picks and had some really bad red zone turnovers. For some reason, we never stressed running the ball in the red zone that day.

If we are going to win on Saturday, let's hope SC will feed DA and Sewo inside the 10-yard line. Call ISU's bluff and make them stop the run..........and how about no more passes out of the Wild Frog!

TCU is still working out the kinks and seeing what works and what does not. I am ok with them doing that now when the stakes are low. The Iowa State game will be their last chance to do some experimenting and, I am ok with some of that.

I don't think we have to worry about seeing the Wild Frog pass again any time soon. That will be etched in Cumbie's mind. What I am wondering is whether we should be running the Wild Frog at all since we have Delton who just do QB runs? It made sense to run the Wild Frog last year because we lacked this dimension but with Delton, I am not sure there is as much upside. I would rather us use Delton and allow us the option to pass on those plays if we so desire.

Latest posts