• The KillerFrogs

Longwhorn Network Ads

guerinrules

Funny y'all would point out UT's lack of fan support last season.
I can recall going to tcu games in the not so distant past when I could practically count the attendance on my hands and feet.
Why don't you look at your own basketball attendance - such big support.
\,,/

ShivasFrog

...I don't care that UT has this. I'm not jealous of UT. Somebody has to be the big fish in any given pond. In ours, it's UT. If you allow yourselves to be consumed by hatred and jealousy toward UT for being the big fish, you basically become Aggy -- which is far worse...

Agreed. When that Longhorn Network stuff comes on, I just flip to another channel. That's what the remote is for. Not worth getting worked up over.

Dtx_Frog_Fan

I can recall going to tcu games in the not so distant past when I could practically count the attendance on my hands and feet.
\,,/

+1 Let's take the plank from our own eye before trying to remove the speck from their eye.

ranger07

So much longhorn hate, so little time.. Gosh take a step back and cool down guys. If you don't like it, ignore it simple as that. All this ut bashing is turning the fan base into college station of the north. let's please avoid that. We got a great program here. let's appreciate our accomplishments and leave the hate talk to Baylor and aggie.

JugbandFrog

\,,/
I do not compare TCU to the number of fools, um, fans who follow the Longwhorns, I just think it funny how the "Longhorn Nation" the ad touts found themselves doing other things for a few games this past season. If you are really that awesome, your fans show up to every game regardless of how bad you suck. This is why I found myself giggling after barfing.

Oh, and when they show the commercial dang near every 15 minutes, it is hard to ignore it and not feel bile in the back of your throat.

HG73

Wonder how many Aggies, Baylor and Tech fans will switch cable/satellite companies when their current provider rams this down their throats? Wonder if there will be a cable/satellite provider who doesn't put the longhorn channel on basic? Will it be on basic or one of the sports tiers/packages? Just in Texas or nationally? Does anybody know? I know that if my provider tried to make me pay for that drivel and there was ANY other option my business would be elswhere.

Frog DJ

Will it be on basic or one of the sports tiers/packages?
Others who have more intimate understanding of this might be able to shed more light, but my understanding was the UT Network is a premium channel.

Screaming Flea? Any inside info?

Go Frogs!

HG73

Others who have more intimate understanding of this might be able to shed more light, but my understanding was the UT Network is a premium channel.

Go Frogs!

So, whoever gets the longhorn channel has to pay extra? Unlike the Big10 Network?

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
So much longhorn hate, so little time.. Gosh take a step back and cool down guys. If you don't like it, ignore it simple as that. All this ut bashing is turning the fan base into college station of the north. let's please avoid that. We got a great program here. let's appreciate our accomplishments and leave the hate talk to Baylor and aggie.

Except its not that simple. For those in the state of Texas, the chances that we are going to be forced to pay for this network whether we want it or not is better than 50-50.

Don't know too many people who enjoy paying for stuff they don't want.

Go Frogs!

if its anything like the Big 10 Network, the answer is 'no'. In the Big 10 states, BTN gets 88 cents for every cable/satellite subscriber, and it on expanded basic in those areas. And you can be sure the carriers pass that cost on. the Longhorn Network does not yet have any carriage agreement, but it's reasonable to think the same will apply, at least in Texas.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
What's interesting is that its supposedly going live in August, but as of yet has no carriage agreements that I can find.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
\,,/

Stick to what you know best... sucking off 2314.

JugbandFrog

What's interesting is that its supposedly going live in August, but as of yet has no carriage agreements that I can find.
It is an ESPN property, I bet they shove it down everyone's throats. Unlike The MTN or Versus, the Longhorn network has a big, bad brother willing to make it happen.

HG73

It is an ESPN property, I bet they shove it down everyone's throats. Unlike The MTN or Versus, the Longhorn network has a big, bad brother willing to make it happen.

Not disagreeing with you, but I have basic cable (in a rural setting with an off-brand cable company) and it only carries ESPN and ESPN2 on basic, I think. I just hope the bevo channel is an option, not required.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being

BTN is part-owned by Fox, and they had a few carriage issues in the beginning, too.

Having said that, I suspect it will be widely available in Texas come football season.