• The KillerFrogs

Local Eateries

Trelvis

Dutch's Burgers and Buffalo Bros., a pizza and wings place, are in the strip on University right by the campus. Both are excellent and are popular hang-outs before and after games. The aforementioned Fuzzy's is also good eatin'.

I cant be the only TCU fan who doesnt like those 2 places right?I like Joe T's though so I guess I am a terrorist...

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
I cant be the only TCU fan who doesnt like those 2 places right?I like Joe T's though so I guess I am a terrorist...

I like Dutch's. I don't think Buffalo Bros is worth a flying flip. I love Joe T's and it is my favorite place to go in Fort Worth. I am a big Rita fan and I think their chicken fajitas are real good. I guess different strokes for different folks.

Goodnight

I haven't read through the thread but if anyone has recommended The Original to you... DONT!

That place sucks!

The service is terrible. The food is horribly overpriced. You can get 4 enchilads at On the Border for the price of 2 at The Original, and they are the exact same.

If you want real tex-mex food go somewhere else.

Trelvis

I like Dutch's. I don't think Buffalo Bros is worth a flying flip. I love Joe T's and it is my favorite place to go in Fort Worth. I am a big Rita fan and I think their chicken fajitas are real good. I guess different strokes for different folks.

I just think there are better burger places in the area better than Dutch's. I agree on Buffalo Bro's, dont see the hype there. I love Joe T's also.

Houston Frog

When feeding that many people you know the food is prepared in advance but saying it sucks is way too harsh.
Exactly.... everyone loves to be a food/restaurant critique.

If a place is famous/often-recommended and the food isn't the best in the state, people are going to rip it to shreds and say it is terrible and overrated. People want to be able to buck the trend and point out that they know food, and "Famous Place X" isn't as good as the unknowing masses make it out to be.

The thing with Joe T's is, no one is saying it's the best Mexican food you've ever had. It's good, it's enjoyable, but everyone knows you go there for the atmosphere and the fact that it's a Fort Worth icon.

Same with Fuzzy's, people are going to say it's overrated, and if you're expecting a 5-Star Mexican restaurant, then yeah it's overrated.

People are the same way with movies, there can be a perfectly enjoyable movie that was never meant to win an Oscar, but Joe Q Public will rip it apart and say the monologue is Act 4 Scene 7 wasn't convincing enough for him.

People want to seem smarter and more knowledgeable than everyone else, and one way they do it is by critiquing things.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Exactly.... everyone loves to be a food/restaurant critique.

If a place is famous/often-recommended and the food isn't the best in the state, people are going to rip it to shreds and say it is terrible and overrated. People want to be able to buck the trend and point out that they know food, and "Famous Place X" isn't as good as the unknowing masses make it out to be.

The thing with Joe T's is, no one is saying it's the best Mexican food you've ever had. It's good, it's enjoyable, but everyone knows you go there for the atmosphere and the fact that it's a Fort Worth icon.

Same with Fuzzy's, people are going to say it's overrated, and if you're expecting a 5-Star Mexican restaurant, then yeah it's overrated.

People are the same way with movies, there can be a perfectly enjoyable movie that was never meant to win an Oscar, but Joe Q Public will rip it apart and say the monologue is Act 4 Scene 7 wasn't convincing enough for him.

People want to seem smarter and more knowledgeable than everyone else, and one way they do it is by critiquing things.

Good post and spot on.

Houston Frog

I just think there are better burger places in the area better than Dutch's. I agree on Buffalo Bro's, dont see the hype there. I love Joe T's also.

Dutch's makes a great burger, IMO. It's by no means the best burger I've ever had, and it's not the best burger in Fort Worth, but it is a damn good burger. And when you couple that with the TCU-themed ambience, it's a great pre-game spot for a meal with friends.

Buffalo Bros is what it is, a sports bar with reasonably good sports bar food. You come for the TV's, the beer, the crowds, and the waitstaff (for Swimmer Babe :wink: ). You're not gonna find many sports bars with an award-winning menu, so ripping Buffalo Bros for its food is a little silly, IMO.

DMFWTX

I haven't read through the thread but if anyone has recommended The Original to you... DONT!

That place sucks!

The service is terrible. The food is horribly overpriced. You can get 4 enchilads at On the Border for the price of 2 at The Original, and they are the exact same.

If you want real tex-mex food go somewhere else.

mothereffen this... I couldn't agree more. I don't know how this place survives. I guess folks have been eating bad tex mex for so long they can't tell what is good.

talor

Noooooooo. I promise im not.

This is my terrorist hunting mercenary. She is coming for you...

1574da5ae741.jpg

Get Your Frogs Up

If you like Joe T's chicken fajitas, try their chicken enchiladas one time. It's basically the chicken fajita mix wrapped in corn tortillas with enchilada sauce on top. Plus, you get the two tacos and two nachos with it so you get a lot more food.

-

nayr150

Quick experiment on Joe T's...

As mentioned, their atmosphere and margaritas are pretty good (lots of alcohol in the margaritas). So, for those that like Joe T's, how many margaritas did you have with your meal? Same question for those who don't like it.

I'm wondering if the number of 'ritas people have correllates to whether people like the food. Last time I went, I only had one margarita and did not care for the food.

halfwaytoheaven

I would say the same thing for The Oasis in Austin.

No kidding.

As for Dutch's & Buffalo Bros. - what's with the hate? Nobody's arguing that those are the best restaurants in the world, but Dutch's makes a mean burger, and they always have something from Rahr on tap. BB's makes some good pizza, possibly the best I've had in Fort Worth (I know that isn't saying much, and yes I think it's better than Mama's), and it's a fun place to hang out on gameday.

shenanigans

No kidding.

As for Dutch's & Buffalo Bros. - what's with the hate? Nobody's arguing that those are the best restaurants in the world, but Dutch's makes a mean burger, and they always have something from Rahr on tap. BB's makes some good pizza, possibly the best I've had in Fort Worth (I know that isn't saying much, and yes I think it's better than Mama's), and it's a fun place to hang out on gameday.

Major issues with Buffalo Bros. here...it could be a great place, but it might have the world's worst beer. It's skunky, every time. I will give credit to the pizza, but if you are a sports bar you just can't have awful beer...maybe the worst beer in the Metroplex.