• The KillerFrogs

Letter for Club Seats

Frog79

Also there on Wed, and the packet says the meetings are from the 10th-14th. So, it seems to me that they are bringing in about 150 people a night.

BTW, did anyone else think that the letter was poorly written? IMO, it was a little too pushy.

I'm #107 and am scheduled on Tuesday the 11th. Maybe 1-100 the first night (10th)? Dunno. I would assume that I am high enough to get good seats in the $1500-$2,000 sections but I too will pass if I don't get what I want.

Westsider

WHAT?????????? So you're telling me you are more interested in seeing the visiting team than supporting the Frogs?

And that makes me sorry because I'll support the Frogs no matter what? If I committed to the club seats, I would have kept my commitment because I'm committed to my Frogs - not to the Big East.

What bazarro world is this?

So have you committed to club seats, SIR? What's your level of commitment? Probably as low as anyone here.

Goo

however I know people who have said they will not spend money on club seats now. This could be bad.
It seems like Club seats are a bad deal (paying 6x cost to sit in same seats, only diff is AC in restroom).

What changed in past month, or is that people are just now starting to do the math and realize $400 for 50 yardline seats is alot cooler than $2,000. Goo liks to sit in rowdy section anyway!

Goo

sure the decision will be made when all this realignment is finalized. If the BE blows up because, and we are regulated to the MWC again, spending $ club seats worth the investment. Saving 7 or 8 thousand dollars by choosing to sit somewhere else in the stadium. The good news is, people who are lower in points might now have a chance to get better seats.

Interesting. It is slot of money to see random opponents like Rutgers, USF, Cincy, etc

Regardless of conference, I just think it is alot of money for Club compared to regular. In new stadium, you can sit on 50 yardline for $400 or $2,500. One just happens to be "club" and the other "regular." I almost like being 30 rows up in regular opposed to upper deck (away from action) in "club." The price difference is enormous at more than 6x the price for "club"....same seats, same yardline, just one has AC when you go to the bathroom.

fanatical frog

It should have said, "Where the hell were you guys Saturday?"

What happened Saturday with respect to attendance was easily predictable.

The decision to go to a premium (club) seating arrangement was based on our prospective move into an AQ conference bringing in more attractive opponents.

The people who formerly held seats in what is now the club seating area were mostly long time season ticket holders and showed up come hell or high water. Most of us were there Saturday but relegated to the end zone or corner of the end zone. The people who now hold those $2500 a pop club seats have more attractive options for their Saturday afternoons than watching what ever directional school we scrimmaged Saturday...and they exercised them. There's no reason to think that will ever change.

Those who have the priority point standing and the financial ability to buy club seats will show up for the Pitt's or the WVU's so they'll be around for the high profile games.....but get used to a lot of empty seats on the West side between the 20's except for those type of games.

TCU made a conscious decision to separate it's fans into financial strata....first class....second class....third class. I hope that decision doesn't come back to bite them in the butt.

Frog79

Those who have the priority point standing and the financial ability to buy club seats will show up for the Pitt's or the WVU's so they'll be around for the high profile games.....but get used to a lot of empty seats on the West side between the 20's except for those type of games.

It's not limited to the West side. The same can be said for the student side.

Young and Horned

Well, skipping the rest of the back and forth banter, I just hope enough people choose to not get the seats and we are able to get ours. If anyone gets 4 and decides they no longer wants them, let me know. Or are ranked high enough and no longer want them.

HFrog1999

I think it's funny that some think they can badger people into spending money on TCU because of some sort of "fan rules". :rolleyes:

We don't have enough local living alumni to fill our stadium. We rely on local football fans. Nobody has an obligation to ever attend a TCU football game or donate any amount of money to TCU.

People donate and go to games because they want to, not because they are required by some sort of fan police rules. The reality is that people want to see good competitive football games. TCU vs. ULM, Portland State, New Mexico or UNLV games are not going to draw much excitement or desire for people to spend thousands of dollars on tickets.

I'm sorry if this makes you angry, but people can spend their own money where they choose (at least as long as Obama loses in 2012 but that's for the general board). No amount of Internet Tough Guy Fan Police complaining will change this market reality.

PurplePainD

Im not getting club seats, not ranked high enough however I know people who have said they will not spend money on club seats now. This could be bad.

What cracks me up is that all the anger in this thread was started by this post. I don't know if you really know people or not, but my guess is that if you do they were people who put down deposits and weren't really sure if they were going to pony up and get club seats or not. Putting a deposit down that could be put towards regular season tickets was the smart thing to do.

Overall, I imagine people like this are in the minority. I will be buying club seats, #484, October 13 on my letter. If for some reason I can't go or can't find clients to go, I will try to give my seats to others who will use them. If all else fails, maybe even post about them on KFc. But if for some reason my tickets to a game go unused, I am not going to sweat it.

It amazes me that some of you get so worked up about this stuff and are so clearly uneducated as to how the real world works. I tend to chalk that up to youth and inexperience...

A good segway into talking about this year's Frogs team!

Go Frogs, Do it Now!

Goo

I am suppose to be there at 5PM on the 12th? I am #340? If no 1K or 1.5K seats left and the right ones. I will pass.

I agree. There is no reason to spend more than $1k when regular seats are $400.

burning-money.jpg

frogfan72

I think it's funny that some think they can badger people into spending money on TCU because of some sort of "fan rules". :rolleyes:

We don't have enough local living alumni to fill our stadium. We rely on local football fans. Nobody has an obligation to ever attend a TCU football game or donate any amount of money to TCU.

People donate and go to games because they want to, not because they are required by some sort of fan police rules. The reality is that people want to see good competitive football games. TCU vs. ULM, Portland State, New Mexico or UNLV games are not going to draw much excitement or desire for people to spend thousands of dollars on tickets.

I'm sorry if this makes you angry, but people can spend their own money where they choose (at least as long as Obama loses in 2012 but that's for the general board). No amount of Internet Tough Guy Fan Police complaining will change this market reality.

Wow people - this is not my point. My point was if you were fine with the cost before - and then this conference news comes out and people change their minds about the seats SOLELY BECAUSE OF THE CONFERENCE WE MAY OR MAY NOT BE IN - that's a terrible reason.

If it doesn't make economic sense for your family, or if you have figured these seats were not worth the cost to begin with, that's fine - I completely understand. However, the first post said people were dropping their club seat commitments ONLY because of the conference situation.

Opintel

Moderators
Well, since we are quoting numbers...we are 623. Whatever that has to do with anything in this forum.

We are definately purchasing if there are $1,000 seats available, and I hope to if there are $1,500 ones. We can not spend more than that, unless we stop the out of town trips (we do love those). If we have to pass on the Club Seats, it'll be somewhere else in the stadium, but, we will be buying tickets until we're dead! :mellow:

frogfan72

So have you committed to club seats, SIR? What's your level of commitment? Probably as low as anyone here.

No - but you're right. I'll never question anyone else's commitment again - since I'm some sort of dirtbag fan - not really a fan, but just an annoyance or inconvenience to others.

pcf

Club seats aren't a ticket to the game. They're a sign of support for the football program.

I guess I missed where football programs in the real world aren't judged by their fan base for all these decisions. In the real world, a giant hole in the best section of seats sends a message. NOT A FOOTBALL SCHOOL. NOT INTERESTED. NICE SCHOOL FOR GIRLS.

Personally, I don't care what your reasons are, but it doesn't make sense to advertise what weak support is out there. Keep it to yourself.

Frog79

Club seats aren't a ticket to the game. They're a sign of support for the football program.

Exactly. I am interested in giving to the University's athletic programs and this is a great way to do it - plus you get great seats in the process.

YA

Exactly. I am interested in giving to the University's athletic programs and this is a great way to it - plus you get great seats in the process.
+1

Plus you get food/drink, a cash bar and part of the donation is tax deductible.

I will be there on the 11th.

HFrog1999

If I could even come close to affording club seats I'd be all over them.

I have a friend who makes more than enough $ for them but isn't getting them because he has 3 kids and doesn't want to spend 5-10K per season, especially since he can't make a lot of games due to kid sport conflicts.

They're probably a great value for empty nesters or those without kids. If any end up coming available in the next couple of years, I bet my parents may buy some.

froginaustin

What happened Saturday with respect to attendance was easily predictable.

. . .

. . ..
Sitting on the east side of Baylor's stadium on September 2, I noticed a big block of empty seats approximately between the 45s on their west side, and later asked a moderately high-dollar Baylor donor friend why in the world those seats were empty.

Answer: the people that have those tix have privileges in a club inside Baylor's stadium, and were likely indoors out of the heat. That'll happen with TCU's club seating, too, I suppose.