• The KillerFrogs

Let's talk money

txfrog87

Since I feel like Charlie Brown with Lucy holding the football ...

1. Northeast media seem to think we owe the $5 million exit fee. I think we can handle that if it has to be.

2. Not trusting the Big !2 -- when they voted to revenue share, did they vote to extend the plan to future members?

3. Any other money issues hanging out there?

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
1. Northeast media seem to think we owe the $5 million exit fee. I think we can handle that if it has to be.

that seems to be the prevailing thought.

2. Not trusting the Big !2 -- when they voted to revenue share, did they vote to extend the plan to future members?

Probably part of the negotiation process. It wouldn't be a unique situation to see a new member get a reduced share initially. Both Utah and Nebraska agreed to that, although Colorado managed to negotiate an immediate equal share. Any reduced share we might get will still top our TV money from the MWC.

Stiff Arm Frog

I will be very unhappy if TCU takes a reduced revenue share in our first year. That just stinks of Texas arrogance and I don't think we should be joining any conference that doesn't treat us as equal members from the very start, especially considering we'll just be assuming A&M's place in the conference.

The Big12 came to us, we didn't go to them. We're not SMU, we were already in an AQ conference before they showed up.

FungoFrog

Tier 1
Word is Big 12 will pay part of Big East exit fee... Also, TCU would only enter at full share. About $17 million total in shared revenue, not including ticket sales, parking, ect. Looking at probably $25-30 million in revenue increases for athletic department, inching us close to/over $90 million.

BU81

Serious question: In the MWC you got to keep 100% of your bowl revenues, right? If so, I imagine the BCS bowl years were outliers in terms of revenue. Is the better baseline for assessing this move a non-BCS bowl year?