• The KillerFrogs

Let's talk hoops!

froggolf65

Andre Clark had been cleared to play after a knee injury. C Hall and staff say everything is fine with his knee but Clark still thought he was injured. So he flew home last week and had knee surgery.

byuhog

Good to see the Frogs put up a better fight this year. Sounds like they had a good recruiting class. TCU isn't known from much tradition in basketball, but not a big deal. Football is ALWAYS king and TCU has been king lately.

Now, if TCU manages to upset one of the top teams-UNLV, SDS, NM or BYU, then that is showing some promise. Even better if TCU manages to win a couple.

TCU has always had some nice athletes. The coaching has to match though... Show me Frogs...

OmniscienceFrog

I'm glad the OP started this thread over here, I've never been to one of the other forums on this site. I expect to be able to discuss anything TCU-related on the Frog Fan Forum.

Hey, haven't you heard, the Frog Fan Forum is just a football forum. The owners just named it incorrectly. At least that's what I've heard from many, like some in this thread.

OmniscienceFrog

Probably as many slam dunks tonite as all of last year.

Listening to Estridge and Denton on the radio, Denton was talking about all the above the rim play going on by the Frogs tonight and said "the Frogs probably have more dunks tonight than they had in........half a season last year". Estridge responds " I thought you were going to say the last two seasons".

PurpleBlood87

Had to work last night but watched the game on DVR when I got home. Just kept thinking wow this is what CJC can do after three years? Maybe it is time to give him a contract extension. I know, tap the brake because SMU isn't that good. CJC has assembled some pretty good talent. Probably more than CND had combined during his time here.

FROGDADDY

The students want to go to the games, we just want a team to support. I'll probably get railed by some of the older alums who were with the football team through "the good and the bad", but I give you honesty, not what you want to hear.

So if we're being honest, what you meant to say is that the students don't really want to go the games.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The students want to go to the games, we just want a team to support. I'll probably get railed by some of the older alums who were with the football team through "the good and the bad", but I give you honesty, not what you want to hear.

Based on the first two games, I'd say spread the word on campus. This team looks pretty good and will improve. They were fun to watch most of the night. Haven't said that often since Tubbs' departure.

NetFrog2

Students definitely need to buy into this thing - the team looks great and I'm looking forward to getting over to Fort Worth for a game or two this year.

As a four-year member of the basketball band during the Tubbs era (meaning I was there for pretty much every home game and several away games), I have very fond memories of the atmosphere in DMC back then - big student section most of the time, and a rockin' environment for big games.

tcutubbs1998si.jpg

Full Article (SI, 3/2/98)

Attachments

• tcu_tubbs_1998_si.jpg
    tcu_tubbs_1998_si.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 30

HG73

Saw the game last night at a bar. Frogs looked like a completely different team. Thorns looked good, Tuffy looked really good (not having to play point) and the big guys looked really athletic. This may be a good team.

halfwaytoheaven

Students definitely need to buy into this thing - the team looks great and I'm looking forward to getting over to Fort Worth for a game or two this year.

As a four-year member of the basketball band during the Tubbs era (meaning I was there for pretty much every home game and several away games), I have very fond memories of the atmosphere in DMC back then - big student section most of the time, and a rockin' environment for big games.

tcutubbs1998si.jpg

Full Article (SI, 3/2/98)

When were you there? I was in bball band from 1999-03. The Tubbs years kind of spoiled me. After watching them average darn near 100 points/game my Freshman year, all other brands of college basketball just seemed kind of boring.

ricksterh

When i was up in Fort worth for the BYU game I got
to watch a basketball practice. I was very impressed
with the players both as basketball players and as people.

With all the new players on the team I was surprised
at how well these guys get along and how they really
play as a team.

This is the start of some fun times at the DMC. Hop on board and enjoy the ride.

froggolf65

Looks like Greg Hill's playing time will be reduced as the season goes along. He is the only senior this year. I think we will be a pretty good team by the end of this year but by the end of next year we will be looking to make a run come March.