• The KillerFrogs

LeBreton: A game, then a sad flight home to Kansas

Gil LeBreton

LeBreton: A game, then a sad flight home to Kansas

By GIL LeBRETON
Sptspage.com

It had been a normal Tuesday media conference with TCU’s Gary Patterson.

But as our time with the coach was ending, Patterson’s mood changed.

“My last note,” he said, “I just want to tell you this. I lost my dad in January, lost my mom the other night, so I lost two in the same year.

"They were big Frog fans.”

The room hushed.

Read more at: https://sptspage.com/a-game-then-a-sad-flight-home-to-kansas/

FrogAbroad

Thank you, Mr LeBreton, for providing me with many years of first-class journalism, even though I didn't adequately appreciate its quality until it was pushed aside by the pap of today's media. I am now a subscriber to sptspage.com.

Leap Frog

As average parents, the thing you want the most is for your kids to have what they need to succeed, things you didn't have.
That seems to be the way Gary's mom and dad did it-- their hard work helped him be successful, and them, too.
Gary's mom and dad were very, very successful people.

froginmn

I can tell you with a very fresh perspective that these things are very difficult, and I understand Coach's uncertainty regarding whether he did the right thing.

My dad passed away September 3, and I spent lots of time that weekend but wasn't by his side at the moment he passed (about 1:30 am). Even though you know you mostly did right, there's a part of you that questions everything. And given that my loss was also the loss of my last parent, I understand the perspective change that Kelsey refers to.

But Coach did the right thing, considering what they themselves had said. Prayers for the entire family.