• The KillerFrogs

Lead On: An Empty TCU Motto

FloridaFrog76129

TCU has used "Lead On" as their campaign slogan for the mission of the university and fundraising for the 150 campaign.

Does Kendal Briles truly align with any of these videos/missions or "values-based branding" that TCU has tactfully chosen over the past decade plus?

"From YouTube video: "Now more than ever, the world needs leadership. Not just from any leaders, but good people who are driven to make a difference."
  • "Now more than ever, the world needs direction. It needs an ethical compass. It needs leadership...what if character was rewarded"

Leadership sits at our very core. We believe that excellence and integrity can co-exist, and we push to develop ethical leaders who don’t compromise their principles in sacrifice to ambition – leaders who are open to others’ perspectives and pursue the greater good. Above all, we challenge our faculty, staff and students to lead the charge from wherever they are – through their academic, athletic and extracurricular experiences and within their respective communities. By doing so, we remain true to our mission of educating individuals to think and act as ethical leaders and responsible citizens within the global community.

WE’RE TCU. AND WE CAN’T WAIT.​

The greater good is a noble pursuit. As human beings sharing one planet, we should always work toward changing our world for the better, solving humanity’s toughest challenges. Some might be intimidated by these challenges, choosing to wait for someone else to step up and take the lead. But we’re TCU. And we can’t wait.

When we lead the charge, we lead the change.

With a goal of $1 billion in philanthropic investment, Lead On: A Campaign for TCU represents our most ambitious effort to fulfill our ethical responsibilities to our students – and our mission within the global community. Philanthropic support is absolutely necessary for our continued ability to impact the greater good.

With all of us taking the lead in whatever ways we can, we can help fulfill the critical, all-important mission that unites TCU.

hometown frog

LOL. You people clutching your pearls over Briles need to get a grip.

Nobody cares about your virtue signaling and faux outrage. Where was all of this when we hired Kaz?

Give me a break.
I think a lot of us had similar concerns when Kaz was first brought up as coming over w Dykes. BUT. He’d been w Sonny for a few years so that factors in. AND there are reports that Kaz was trying to report and help in the fact finding efforts once it all came crashing down. So we can argue too little too late, but he wasn’t one of the ones selling ‘CAB’ gear and actively declaring innocence for years.

Those are two HUGE differences in my mind and why I’m even more furious with this potential hire.

StinnettFrog

TCU has used "Lead On" as their campaign slogan for the mission of the university and fundraising for the 150 campaign.

Does Kendal Briles truly align with any of these videos/missions or "values-based branding" that TCU has tactfully chosen over the past decade plus?

"From YouTube video: "Now more than ever, the world needs leadership. Not just from any leaders, but good people who are driven to make a difference."
  • "Now more than ever, the world needs direction. It needs an ethical compass. It needs leadership...what if character was rewarded"

You joined the forum 12 days ago. Figure you’re just here to stir the pot.

Pharm Frog

Some of us just won’t support a Briles on the coaching staff. I’m surprised we have so many Briles supporters on this board of all places.
I am not surprised by this at all. Situational ethics without the constraining principle of maximizing harmony and reducing discord is pervasive. No reason to think that it's not present in TCU fandom. People will rationalize almost anything if they perceive that it accrues to their benefit.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Some of us just won’t support a Briles on the coaching staff. I’m surprised we have so many Briles supporters on this board of all places.

I am not a Briles supporter. In fact, I’ve hated both Lil Timmy Tapeyfingers and his dad Art since they came on the scene.

I just find the over-dramatic people threatening to pull their donations, go on a TCU strike, and all the other nonsense that they are virtue signaling about, to be hilarious.

McFroggin

Lead on? It doesn’t exactly say which direction we are leading them. We should have specified so Dykes wouldn’t use this loophole.

Rifframbahzoo20

If TCU hires Briles they are hiring coach that was involved in the cover up of large amounts of football players raping their fellow classmates. And pointing out this is wrong and makes it hard/impossible to support the decision or team is virtue signaling? Lol.

HG73

Sonny's been successful on offense his entire coaching career. He gonna hire who he wants. So he can keep being successful.

Season 2 Couch GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

ReedFrawg

I am not a Briles supporter. In fact, I’ve hated both Lil Timmy Tapeyfingers and his dad Art since they came on the scene.

I still find the reactions of a lot of people (like the one that created this thread) to be nothing but virtue signaling.

Maybe some people arent serious but I know several (including our group of 14) who will not be renewing season tickets and will stop giving which is their prerogative.

Brog

Maybe some people arent serious but I know several (including our group of 14) who will not be renewing season tickets and will stop giving which is their prerogative.
amazing how many people, including your "group of fourteen", whatever that means, threaten not to "renew season tickets" if somebody does something they don't like. Then, whatever is done, here they are (including your "group of fourteen") back on Frog Forum and in the stands when the 23 season begins. And glad to have you back. And their/your threat to "stop giving" apparently hasn't damaged our billion dollar campaign goal, which now stands at about $900 million.