• The KillerFrogs

Latest from Austin

Snoop Frog

Latest long term rumor is Tx is positioning to leave the B12, as well as next super conference and eventually the ncaa so they can better market their own brands (professional team marketing firm bids are being sought) and negotiate their own tv deal, increase their revenue base, fan numbers, stadium size (including bigger jumbotron bigger than Jerry's) and more, MUCH more to come - apparently everybody else said good riddance - Frogs to take their former spot and everybody else said amen.

WIN

QUOTE(Snoop Frog @ Jun 8 2010, 07:30 PM) [snapback]571944[/snapback]
Latest long term rumor is Tx is positioning to leave the B12, as well as next super conference and eventually the ncaa so they can better market their own brands (professional team marketing firm bids are being sought) and negotiate their own tv deal, increase their revenue base, fan numbers, stadium size (including bigger jumbotron bigger than Jerry's) and more, MUCH more to come - apparently everybody else said good riddance - Frogs to take their former spot and everybody else said amen.

And play with themselves, right?

Snoop Frog

QUOTE(WIN @ Jun 8 2010, 07:35 PM) [snapback]571951[/snapback]
And play with themselves, right?

There are a very select few others who are being considered by Tx as potentially worthy, but only time will tell. Ohio State might have made the initial cut, but their fans aren't classy enough and they rubbed Tx the wrong way in their recent encounters. Stanford might have made the initial cut since their academic standing and endowments are almost Tx worthy, but alas their fan base is not up to par. USC might have a shot even though they have a small student population because they are in a top 2 tv market AND they were "classy" in their loss to St Vince and Tx in the national championship game a few years ago. Michigan, Florida and of course Notre Dame are still in the mix and being strongly considered as Tx worthy.

halfwaytoheaven

QUOTE(Snoop Frog @ Jun 8 2010, 07:44 PM) [snapback]571956[/snapback]
Stanford might have made the initial cut since their academic standing and endowments are almost Tx worthy, but alas their athletics stink for the most part and their fan base is not up to par.

You might want to check the latest Director's Cup standings. Or any Director's Cup standings, ever.

halfwaytoheaven

QUOTE(jadailyTCU @ Jun 8 2010, 08:02 PM) [snapback]571969[/snapback]
Also, Stanford played in the Rose Bowl in like 2000 or so.

Stanford's attendance may not be up to UT standards, but it was on par with TCU's last season, and it built up quickly as the season went on. Not bad for a team that hadn't had a winning season in football since 2001. Oh, and they had a Heisman finalist last year who should have won if there was any justice in the world.

Not that I'm particularly a Stanford fan, I just respect what they do. Not many schools can maintain top-notch academics and excellent athletics like they have. I guess it helps when your endowment is over $1 million per student.

FrogAbroad

QUOTE(halfwaytoheaven @ Jun 8 2010, 07:17 PM) [snapback]571975[/snapback]
... Not many schools can maintain top-notch academics and excellent athletics like they have. I guess it helps when your endowment is over $1 million per student.

It's GOOD to be well-endowed.

jadailyTCU

QUOTE(FrogAbroad @ Jun 8 2010, 08:22 PM) [snapback]571981[/snapback]

It's GOOD to be well-endowed.

That's what she said.

(I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist.)

Snoop Frog

QUOTE(halfwaytoheaven @ Jun 8 2010, 08:00 PM) [snapback]571966[/snapback]
You might want to check the latest Director's Cup standings. Or any Director's Cup standings, ever.

Duly noted (and corrected) - maybe Stanford has a shot after all, but I don't know, they just aren't BIG enough, really - wouldn't you agree? Their little SMU-like band and its weird leader the Red Baron are probably too small and strange, almost RiceMOB-like, among other negatives. No, on second thought, Stanford probably cannot measure up to necessary Tx standards in the final analysis - there will be more time for candidates to prove themsleves before the final cut, but we are talking world class biggest best power and prestige and classiness according to latest Tx perceptions, very top elite and most dollars and fan base AND tv and logo/brand marketing and revenues and a number of other imporant factors. Don't forget there are already a number of Texas Longhorn stores selling almost exclusively Longhorn products in major markets, including DFW. These will have to be enhanced by any potential contenders. Tx already has the biggest athletic budget, the biggest academic endowment among major athletic schools, the most fans and the most merchandise, so any contenders will have to be BIG - that is a given, for them to be worthy to play Tx.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Snoop Frog @ Jun 8 2010, 07:30 PM) [snapback]571944[/snapback]

Thanks for nothing new.

Snoop Frog

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jun 8 2010, 08:33 PM) [snapback]571995[/snapback]
Thanks for nothing new.

Sorry. I know I only have 2 or 3 posts so far and you have 50,782 - now that is impressive.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Snoop Frog @ Jun 8 2010, 08:36 PM) [snapback]572002[/snapback]
Sorry. I know I only have 2 or 3 posts so far and you have 50,782 - now that is impressive.

It is.