• The KillerFrogs

LA Travel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outback Frog

Arrived late yesterday afternoon, as it appears we were one of the few Frogs that drove all the way from Texas (like we also did last week to Phoenix). Unlike last week on I-10, didn't see any Frogs until we were on the Santa Monica Freeway on the way to the pier. We are staying at a super nice high-rise Holiday Inn in Torrance that has what appears to be almost a 50-50 split between purple and red. Almost a straight shot driving up Prairie Ave to SoFi from our hotel. Let's Go!

Horny4TCU

If you were like us and drove in from Vegas... I hope y'all left early. Took an extra 40 minutes between Barstow and LA. Traffic is no joke around here.

Cougar/Frog

I'm just now seeing the posts of all these guys that flew into Vegas, then are driving all the way across LA day-of. What a terrible idea (I live in LA) - lol.
The LA to Vegas mess can be quite long with a few accidents or weather or road construction, let alone leisure travel. And that is before LA traffic. It is a long way from Cajon Pass to Inglewood.

frogfan72

The LA to Vegas mess can be quite long with a few accidents or weather or road construction, let alone leisure travel. And that is before LA traffic. It is a long way from Cajon Pass to Inglewood.
Cross-town LA traffic...on a Monday. Woof. It was rough when I came home from Phoenix last week at about 9 p.m. on a Sunday night. Also, if things get sideways on the 15 north of Victorville, you have no other decent options. You're just stuck. Bad decision, coach. Grab you some John Denton on the radio for the last time while you look at brake lights!

Cougar/Frog

It actually wasn’t too bad. We made great time until we got to Cajon Pass. Traffic was slow about a half hour due to the rain and accidents. Guess these folks don’t know how to drive in the rain.
I lived in San Diego for a year a long time ago. It only rained a few times. Each time the roads slowed to almost a stop.

So, yes, they don't know how to drive in the rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.