• The KillerFrogs

LA Times: What are the top three teams in college football?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
LA Times: What are the top three teams in college football?

Chris Dufresne, Los Angeles Times

The top three teams in college football? Well, the first BCS standings got two of them right, but No. 1 is not Oklahoma -- at least not at this point in the season. Leave it to the computers to screw things up, but it's still early. Oklahoma is getting overpaid for an impressive win over Florida State and a victory against a Texas team that lost at home to UCLA, which lost to Cal, 35-7, which just lost to USC, 42-0 (first half).

Oklahoma almost lost its home opener to Utah State and scored a three-point win over Air Force, which just lost to San Diego State. Boise State closes the season at home against Utah State. You think the Broncos will only win by a touchdown?

I think the Harris poll got the right teams -- Oregon, Boise State and Texas Christian -- just in the wrong order. ...

Desmond Conner, Hartford Courant

My top three …

No. 1 is Alabama: As an AP voter I took a lot of flak last week for putting the Tide at No. 3 following their loss to South Carolina, but I don't think there's any doubt Alabama is the best team with the best player (Mark Ingram) and the best coach (Nick Saban). The Gamecocks got lucky. No one else will.

Why even play the games then, Desmond? If it doesn't matter what happens on the field, why play the games?

stevestamp

Desmond Conner, Hartford Courant

My top three …

No. 1 is Alabama: As an AP voter I took a lot of flak last week for putting the Tide at No. 3 following their loss to South Carolina, but I don't think there's any doubt Alabama is the best team with the best player (Mark Ingram) and the best coach (Nick Saban). The Gamecocks got lucky. No one else will.

Why even play the games then, Desmond? If it doesn't matter what happens on the field, why play the games?

So the Gamecocks never trailed, held Ingram and Richardson to 64 yards and won by 2 TDS and were lucky?

And this guy is a voter...scary.

BleedNPurple

I have read the craziest things from Alabama folks. I suggest they go watch the 2009 Sugar Bowl Utah vs Alabama about three times because that's the real picture. Speed baby - Alabama would make a good member of the MWC - they would have their hands full trying to win it.

57Frog

Alabama ,Ohio St. and Nebraska are all one trick ponies . Take the run away from Bama ,The Qback away from OSU and the Q-back away from Nebraska and they're all through . No balance just "one trick ponies " . A good defensive coach can stop all three ,and has .
That won't work against Boise or TCU .
I haven't watched Oregon at all . If I did I might not know but I'd have an opinion . :biggrin: